Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dulan
    I think I understand Palm's logic -- if you sort by company name, you won't be able to find a contact in 2 or 3 characters -- and I have to say I agree with them. I rarely need to find someone by company, and if so I use the find option -- works really quick!
    Under the extremely rare circumstance that someone might think and/or use their contact list differently than you consider this:

Often times, sales people remember the company that they visited last week but they don't remember the two guys they met for the first time when they were there. So now they need to talk to one of them but they can't remember if the guy's name was John Smith or Frank Nobody. Just being able to go directly to the two contacts they have for COMPANY SMI, or COMPANY NOB would probably trigger their memory.

Granted - the find option does work - just want something better.
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Try Address Plus.

All you need with autodial also.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkim
    The problem is I sync with act which is already on reliable. How does agendus sync with act. Have you tried it?

While I have not personally tried it, the documentation says it is supported; I can see no reason why it wouldn't, as it just rides above the built-in datebook/contacts/to-dos.

It is an excellent productivity app for the professional.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    Under the extremely rare circumstance that someone might think and/or use their contact list differently than you consider this:

Often times, sales people remember the company that they visited last week but they don't remember the two guys they met for the first time when they were there. So now they need to talk to one of them but they can't remember if the guy's name was John Smith or Frank Nobody. Just being able to go directly to the two contacts they have for COMPANY SMI, or COMPANY NOB would probably trigger their memory.

Granted - the find option does work - just want something better.

Exactly, well said. That is why all palm devices offer the view/sort by company name option. From my Palm Pilot Personal 5 years ago to my current Plam Tungsten, they all offer that option.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that Windows Mobile has recently taken over the palm os for the most used with mobile devices. Can anyone confrim this. Imho Widows CE when first introduced was lame, I haven't looked at it lately. Maybe they've improved it.

If this is true it may force Palm who has been enjoying a lock on the PDA os market for so long to start adding features, and to listen more to user suggestions

Their logic could be that you are calling the person not the company with the string in the phone number field so their is no reason to view/sort by company.
    Last edited by dvkim; 11/17/2004 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkim
    If this is true it may force Palm who has been enjoying a lock on the PDA os market for so long to start adding features, and to listen more to user suggestions.
    And the truth of the matter is that if P1 really wants to stay in business for the long run they have to cater to the businessman. Sure, there are a large number of treo geeks here on this forum but large companies that have sales forces of hundreds or thousands will have to make a decision on how to equip their staff - what will they choose?

My experience, for now, is that they choose blackberry not treo.
    I'm sitting at the DC roadshow, and just saw the contact list sorted by company name.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm sitting at the DC roadshow, and just saw the contact list sorted by company name.
    Thanks for confirming it.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Yes - you can SORT by company name...

But - you cannot SEARCH by company name...

This means that if you have your contacts sorted by company name and you start typing S P R to get your list of Sprint contacts the software still looks for NAMES with S P R not companies!!!

(I have tested this on my 650)

If there is a way to change this I cannot find it.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    Yes - you can SORT by company name...

But - you cannot SEARCH by company name...

This means that if you have your contacts sorted by company name and you start typing S P R to get your list of Sprint contacts the software still looks for NAMES with S P R not companies!!!

(I have tested this on my 650)

If there is a way to change this I cannot find it.

Bummer.
    When I want to do this, I always just put the Company as the last name, and then put the First and Last name unser the first name field. Not sure if there's a better way to do this. I just do it out of habit from doing it for years and years.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12