Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    For me, hi res was the most important upgrade.

But it also dawned on me, a lot of the other smart phones out there with hi res only offer 240 x xxx, and that is in larger screens, meaning they won't be as crisp.

The 320x320 screen is going to be super sharp compared to the other screens out there, no?
    Yes. It's not the 320x320 per se, but the 320x320 combined with the 650's small screen that produces a beautifully high DPI.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    For smartphones yes, but some PPC's now have 640x480 (like the new Dell Axim).
    Has anyone with hands-on time been able to view the 650's screen outdoors? That's my biggest gripe about the 600. Is the 650 any better in sunlight?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5. gcs
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Has anyone with hands-on time been able to view the 650's screen outdoors? That's my biggest gripe about the 600. Is the 650 any better in sunlight?
    Hi,

And the 600's screen is SOOOO much better than my 300's was. My 300's screen turned completely black outside.

If the 650 is even better, I'll be quite happy!

George
    I'm pretty sure the 650's screen will be awesome. Compare the 600's 160x160 small screen to a Palm IIIc's 160x160 large screen.

I find the 600's screen perfectly readable in sunlight. I use a Boxwave screen protector that cuts glare and BrightCam to automatically increase brightness. Before BrightCam came along I used Profiles to quickly switch brightness.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989