Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Any of you admins and it guys know how or if i can get this to work using BT?
    I asked this question long ago but received no answer. i know it sounds small but can this be done? I got brownie points for anybody who can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCB37
    Do you have to enter in that randomly assigned password everytime you want to start the proram on the Treo?

Thats kind of annoying...at least let me choose the password...

I have had to reinstall this app so many times I have that password memorized now..lol.. Guys help a gal out - I installed the app, worked like a dream so I thought, hmm.. wonder if it will run off the SD card, so I used zlauncher to move it, then decided it didn't free up that much space so I moved it back to Ram - oops. Now I've had to delete it and all it's related files like 3 times, reinstall it, resend the keys, etc etc.. I just noticed that it was putting the app back on the SD card, so I just moved it back to RAM using zlauncher.. I'm connected now and watching myself type (I'm totally SUCH a geek about this stuff so this is very cool to me. LOL) - right before this, though, I got the error that my computer wasn't configured with this ID# and Remote #, blah blah blah... I just kept trying to connect and it finally did.. Any ideas as to what I've done wrong?? A little help from all you tech wizzes please... I'm just sure when I disconnect here that I'm going to have the same errors - ie, "Winhand requires encryption keys, please sync the keys" etc -- or "Winhand can't find this computer" etc..

Thanks gang.
    Bek
    So tell me again, why this is better than PalmVNC?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I havent had any problems with Winhand. It's actually helped me with a few issues when I left something on my home pc.. I was able to mail it to myself remotely.

Blade.. is PalmVNC free too?
    Well you'll be paying a fee from now on.
    explain.
    deleted it. dropping that pricing scheme on us after months of FREE is really crappy. He's not gonna get me business.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    deleted it. dropping that pricing scheme on us after months of FREE is really crappy. He's not gonna get me business.
    I'm confused. I read your comment, but I can't find out where it's coming from. I read back through all the posts, but I can't find any reference to charges after months of free service. Where did you get the information you reacted to?
    post #126 maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    post #126 maybe?
    I just tend to not trust that post and looked over it, I guess.
    Who is that? How do they know?
    The next post even asked them to explain, and they didn't reply.
    When I read your post, I thought you'd read something official.
    If you try to use Win-Hand, you are prompted to upgrade to the newest version. Once you install the newest version and try to connect, a screen pops up in Win-Hand on the pda which says you need to pay.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    If you try to use Win-Hand, you are prompted to upgrade to the newest version. Once you install the newest version and try to connect, a screen pops up in Win-Hand on the pda which says you need to pay.
    WTF, yeh I don't think so. Just as many people have said all along, this guy's going to nail us when he's got enough users by charging for the service.

He can kiss it where the sun don't shine. Winhand........DELETED>
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    So can you opt to not upgrade and keep what you already have?

If not, what is the charge? Maybe it's worth it. Or is there another program someone would recommend buying?
    Dude, just use PalmVNC.
    PalmVNC is free. I'm going to give it a try.
    PalmVNC seems complicated to non-network guys like me. I'll try to get it working again.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    PalmVNC seems complicated to non-network guys like me. I'll try to get it working again.
    Any help setting it up would be appreciated!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Any help setting it up would be appreciated!
    I followed these directions and got it to work:

http://palmvnc2.free.fr/vpn.php

My ISP gives me a static IP so I didn't need to register a static IP address at a host service. Two obstacles stood in my way. First, Norton Internet Security needed to be set to allow ports 5800, 5801, 5900, and 5901 to be open so that Ultr@VNC server could use them. Second, my wireless router needed to be set to forward TCP ports 5800-5901 to the internal IP of my PC that the router assigned.

To top it all off, as I was trying to get my wireless router to work, I found out that my cable modem was being hijacked (by a neighbor) through a wireless connection.

Go figure.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Michel from Win-Hand wrote...

"If you enjoy and see the value in win-hand, we encourage you
    to purchase an unlimited account for as low as 29 cents per day."
    What A JOKE!! Win-Hand is coming off my computer and Treo 650. I will not pay $105.85 dollars per year.

Microsoft doesn't even render your computer useless after one day, month, or year.

Michel didn't even have the courtesy to title or sign the E-mail he or she sent back to me. And, Did not have the courtesy to answer my questions that were in that E-mail. He or She only sent me back the sarcastic, one sentence remark.

Win-Hand Walk The PLANK!!!

°Büllët°
    I also had a hard time setting this up until I found the post that monkey listed earlier. It is a step by step walkthrough. If you can't get it after that just give up. I do have a question though, is there any way to get the entire screen to show without refreshing when you move? Other that that it is an awesome program, especially for FREE. Thanks bladedmonkey!!
    Treoseur
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast