Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Even if you do that, you won't get one....At least not for a while.

This is a total scam.
    Your proof of this is what?
    Where do I go to sign up for the Chicago show?

Thanks!

A
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    7 days away!! Anyone have any wonderful info about anything we are going to see different at the Chicago Roadshow versus the other shows?
    I'm going to the afternoon session.

I've tried scanning the "roadshow" posts, but I am confused about this magic "coupon" everyone is talking about. Can someone kindly clarify some things?

The coupon is good for either a GSM or CDMA (Sprint) phone for $349; does this require a contract, or is it independent of any contract you might sign?

Does having the Magic Coupon theoretically mean you will get one sooner than visiting a Sprint store or going to sprintpcs.com?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I'm going to the afternoon session.

I've tried scanning the "roadshow" posts, but I am confused about this magic "coupon" everyone is talking about. Can someone kindly clarify some things?

The coupon is good for either a GSM or CDMA (Sprint) phone for $349; does this require a contract, or is it independent of any contract you might sign?

Does having the Magic Coupon theoretically mean you will get one sooner than visiting a Sprint store or going to sprintpcs.com?
    Well if you ask my opinion this is how I think the "magic" coupon will allow you to get a $349 Treo ONLY if you 1) register on the website 2) actually go to the show in person and register 3) sign up for the Treo online. I really think the coupon is just a tool, but your attendance is the key, tied with your registration. I don't believe you are going to get the Treo 650 any faster, you'll probably see the Sprint one shortly after it is released (Nov 15th supposedly) and the GSM one after its release, given there is no shortage. If you go to the roadshow be thankful that you are getting a discounted Treo 650 but don't expect it day of or even week of release. (Of course this is my opinion and we all know what opinions are like )
    Last edited by Lofdog; 11/02/2004 at 02:13 PM.
    only one week away! got a notice for court i hope it doesnt happen on the 9th... ill be really really mad
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've registered and am going to miss class to get in on this little deal. I'll probably get the GSM version since most people who have Sprint in Chicago seem to hate it. I love my T-Mobile service, which is VERY reliable here.

So, what are all the "TC" folks doing? Are we supposed to sit together or something or did some of ya'll want to try hitting one of the local spots for food before the show?
    Man, I am registered for tomorrow! However, I live in St. Louis which is about 300 miles southwest!!! Crap..hmm...so lets see, $599 Treo 650 that I can get for $349 if I attend the Chicago show (nearest one).

Do you think its worth the drive up? If I drive the 4.5-5 hours I can make it to the afternoon show. Afterwards, I can drive right back to St. Louis. It should equal about $40 for gas round trip.

Am I crazy?

Physician User (ok, medical student currently)
    HEY, I'LL BE THERE TOO!! I'll be in the afternoon session with a "TC" on my badge!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    For god's sake gfunk, I can't concentrate!

Cluemeister
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    Man, I am registered for tomorrow! However, I live in St. Louis which is about 300 miles southwest!!! Crap..hmm...so lets see, $599 Treo 650 that I can get for $349 if I attend the Chicago show (nearest one).

Do you think its worth the drive up? If I drive the 4.5-5 hours I can make it to the afternoon show. Afterwards, I can drive right back to St. Louis. It should equal about $40 for gas round trip.

Am I crazy?

Physician User (ok, medical student currently)
    If I were you, I'd just stay the night in Chicago. Go out, hit a few clubs, then head back on Wednesday. Otherwise, you'll be spending about 8-10 hours on the road and about 4 hours at the show for the day. Not cool!

You sure about that gas cost?? What do you drive, hybrid car?
    lol, close. i drive a low emissions honda civic lx, supposedly 39miles per gallon. Man, i can't do it. I can't make the drive.

DAMN. There goes my coupon.
    My sister is going for me, seing as I have to work. Be nice to her
    Hats off to those non-geeks who are going out of love for their treo-addicted loved ones...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12