Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65
  1.    #1  
    Does any one know if P1 will be in Las Vegas at the CES show. Las Vegas will be a great place for a Treo Central gathering ....

    FREE REGISTRATION http://www.cesweb.org/default_flash.asp
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
  2. #2  
    Your own link tells you the answer.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Your own link tells you the answer.
    Cool thanks for pointing it out .... they will be there. How about the coupon? Would P1 offer it?
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
  4. #5  
    My quess is no BC of the way that P1 has their conferences setup with pre-registering and all.
  5. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #6  
    I went to CES in Jan 2004 and one of my goals was to visit the Palm booth. We got the map, went to the spot where it said Palm was supposed to be and... no Palm. Someone completely different. When we asked one of the CES help staff, they didn't know anything. Was bummed.

    Going again this year, lots of walking, but Vegas is fun.

    ERic
  6. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #7  
    Okay, talked to several folks at P1 booth today. First flunky I asked about the 650 ROM upgrade & crashes said "How many other apps do you have?" When I told him ~80 he gasped and I knew I needed to find someone else. Next up was one of the presenters he said P1 is basically done with the ROM upgrade and waiting for Sprint to QA. He said they'll probably PRPRPR $it$ $as$ $a$ $fix$ $for$ $the$ $BT$ $DUN$ $not$ $bug$ $fixes$. $He$ $said$ $a$ &$quot$;$minority$&$quot$; $of$ $users$ $were$ $having$ $problems$ $and$ $most$ $of$ $them$ $were$ $P1$ $employees$ $b$/$c$ $they$ $tend$ $to$ $have$ $more$ $apps$ $loaded$ $than$ $typical$ $customers$. $Next$ $up$ $was$ $the$ $customer$ $service$ $rep$ $the$ $last$ $guy$ $suggested$ $I$ $talk$ $to$. $His$ $news$ $was$ $most$ $distressing$ $of$ $all$. $The$ $ROM$ $update$ $addresses$ $only$ $the$ $512$ $byte$ $addressing$ $issue$, $not$ $any$ $crash$ $problems$! $P1$ $doesn$'$t$ $believe$ $they$ $have$ $a$ $crash$ $problem$ $and$ $said$ $the$ $3rd$ $party$ $developers$ $need$ $to$ $update$ $their$ $code$. $He$ $said$ $they$ $were$ $working$ $w$/ $PalmSource$ &$amp$; $the$ $developers$ $of$ $the$ $top$ $100$ $incompatables$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $Central$ $list$. $All$ $three$ $were$ $sure$ $to$ $mention$ $about$ $the$ $128M$ $SD$ $card$ $offer$....

    The PalmSource guy had no update when I asked about RIM BB service, other than we're talking.

    Sorry, that's all I got from P1. I'm with a group and they were getting antsy.

    ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Okay, talked to several folks at P1 booth today. First flunky I asked about the 650 ROM upgrade & crashes said "How many other apps do you have?" When I told him ~80 he gasped and I knew I needed to find someone else. Next up was one of the presenters he said P1 is basically done with the ROM upgrade and waiting for Sprint to QA. He said they'll probably PRPRPR $it$ $as$ $a$ $fix$ $for$ $the$ $BT$ $DUN$ $not$ $bug$ $fixes$. $He$ $said$ $a$ &$quot$;$minority$&$quot$; $of$ $users$ $were$ $having$ $problems$ $and$ $most$ $of$ $them$ $were$ $P1$ $employees$ $b$/$c$ $they$ $tend$ $to$ $have$ $more$ $apps$ $loaded$ $than$ $typical$ $customers$. $Next$ $up$ $was$ $the$ $customer$ $service$ $rep$ $the$ $last$ $guy$ $suggested$ $I$ $talk$ $to$. $His$ $news$ $was$ $most$ $distressing$ $of$ $all$. $The$ $ROM$ $update$ $addresses$ $only$ $the$ $512$ $byte$ $addressing$ $issue$, $not$ $any$ $crash$ $problems$! $P1$ $doesn$'$t$ $believe$ $they$ $have$ $a$ $crash$ $problem$ $and$ $said$ $the$ $3rd$ $party$ $developers$ $need$ $to$ $update$ $their$ $code$. $He$ $said$ $they$ $were$ $working$ $w$/ $PalmSource$ &$amp$; $the$ $developers$ $of$ $the$ $top$ $100$ $incompatables$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $Central$ $list$. $All$ $three$ $were$ $sure$ $to$ $mention$ $about$ $the$ $128M$ $SD$ $card$ $offer$....

    The PalmSource guy had no update when I asked about RIM BB service, other than we're talking.

    Sorry, that's all I got from P1. I'm with a group and they were getting antsy.

    ERic

    Thanks for the info Eric!!! Have fun
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Okay, talked to several folks at P1 booth today. First flunky I asked about the 650 ROM upgrade & crashes said "How many other apps do you have?" When I told him ~80 he gasped and I knew I needed to find someone else. Next up was one of the presenters he said P1 is basically done with the ROM upgrade and waiting for Sprint to QA. He said they'll probably PRPRPR $it$ $as$ $a$ $fix$ $for$ $the$ $BT$ $DUN$ $not$ $bug$ $fixes$. $He$ $said$ $a$ &$quot$;$minority$&$quot$; $of$ $users$ $were$ $having$ $problems$ $and$ $most$ $of$ $them$ $were$ $P1$ $employees$ $b$/$c$ $they$ $tend$ $to$ $have$ $more$ $apps$ $loaded$ $than$ $typical$ $customers$. $Next$ $up$ $was$ $the$ $customer$ $service$ $rep$ $the$ $last$ $guy$ $suggested$ $I$ $talk$ $to$. $His$ $news$ $was$ $most$ $distressing$ $of$ $all$. $The$ $ROM$ $update$ $addresses$ $only$ $the$ $512$ $byte$ $addressing$ $issue$, $not$ $any$ $crash$ $problems$! $P1$ $doesn$'$t$ $believe$ $they$ $have$ $a$ $crash$ $problem$ $and$ $said$ $the$ $3rd$ $party$ $developers$ $need$ $to$ $update$ $their$ $code$. $He$ $said$ $they$ $were$ $working$ $w$/ $PalmSource$ &$amp$; $the$ $developers$ $of$ $the$ $top$ $100$ $incompatables$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $Central$ $list$. $All$ $three$ $were$ $sure$ $to$ $mention$ $about$ $the$ $128M$ $SD$ $card$ $offer$....

    The PalmSource guy had no update when I asked about RIM BB service, other than we're talking.

    Sorry, that's all I got from P1. I'm with a group and they were getting antsy.

    ERic

    I don't suppose you asked them about the GSM version and if they new when to expect to see it on the market?
  9. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #10  
    Okay I asked and got the politically correct answer: "No I don't know availability, and no I can't say. It's up to the carriers and they get very mad when we say. But it will be coming from AT&T/Cingular first."

    Sorry,
    ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I don't suppose you asked them about the GSM version and if they new when to expect to see it on the market?

    Answer I got ... They are in Carrier Verification. P1 is expecting full release within the first quarter for all carriers [He did not know much and gave me the PC answer] but he was using an unlock T650. I put my T-Mo chip in and it worked great. I even offer to by it from him there and then. I even tried bribing him with AVN passes ... but NO LUCK.

    BTW ... No 50% coupons for GSM ...
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
  11. #12  
    What did you mean by this? I have one on order through VC already...

    Quote Originally Posted by LD555
    BTW ... No 50% coupons for GSM ...



  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    What did you mean by this? I have one on order through VC already...
    some one ealier in the thread asked if palm1 was giving out 50% coupons like at the roadshows.

    they arent.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by LD555
    I even tried bribing him with AVN passes ... but NO LUCK.
    did he say AVN passes

    Umm... What else would work for those passes?
  14. #15  
    Can someone find out who the palmone reps (the people who go to sprint, best buy, staples, etc & trains them on palm products & checks their sales, etc) are in los angeles and or who supervises them & PM me with the info. I'm seeking gainful employment! Thanx! I can't be there :-(.
  15. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Okay, talked to several folks at P1 booth today. First flunky I asked about the 650 ROM upgrade & crashes said "How many other apps do you have?" When I told him ~80 he gasped and I knew I needed to find someone else. Next up was one of the presenters he said P1 is basically done with the ROM upgrade and waiting for Sprint to QA. He said they'll probably PRPRPR $it$ $as$ $a$ $fix$ $for$ $the$ $BT$ $DUN$ $not$ $bug$ $fixes$. $He$ $said$ $a$ &$quot$;$minority$&$quot$; $of$ $users$ $were$ $having$ $problems$ $and$ $most$ $of$ $them$ $were$ $P1$ $employees$ $b$/$c$ $they$ $tend$ $to$ $have$ $more$ $apps$ $loaded$ $than$ $typical$ $customers$. $Next$ $up$ $was$ $the$ $customer$ $service$ $rep$ $the$ $last$ $guy$ $suggested$ $I$ $talk$ $to$. $His$ $news$ $was$ $most$ $distressing$ $of$ $all$. $The$ $ROM$ $update$ $addresses$ $only$ $the$ $512$ $byte$ $addressing$ $issue$, $not$ $any$ $crash$ $problems$! $P1$ $doesn$'$t$ $believe$ $they$ $have$ $a$ $crash$ $problem$ $and$ $said$ $the$ $3rd$ $party$ $developers$ $need$ $to$ $update$ $their$ $code$. $He$ $said$ $they$ $were$ $working$ $w$/ $PalmSource$ &$amp$; $the$ $developers$ $of$ $the$ $top$ $100$ $incompatables$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $Central$ $list$. $All$ $three$ $were$ $sure$ $to$ $mention$ $about$ $the$ $128M$ $SD$ $card$ $offer$....

    The PalmSource guy had no update when I asked about RIM BB service, other than we're talking.

    Sorry, that's all I got from P1. I'm with a group and they were getting antsy.

    ERic
    Cool! Can't wait to be there.....I'm flying out to LV tomorrow morning. It will be my first CES, and I'm not sure I'll sleep much tonight!
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    did he say AVN passes
    What's an AVN pass?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    What's an AVN pass?
    AVN
  18. #19  
    No mention of Bluetooth volume issues being fixed with the update? I KNEW I should have been making a much bigger deal about this. Squeaky will and all that!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  19. #20  
    Someone please, PLEASE mention this to them. I find it impossible they don't know, but I've learned to never doubt the stupidity (or as I call it "Out of Touch" factor) of Corporate America. Marcus, I know you're at CES. "Help me Obi-Wan! You're my only hope!"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions