1.    #1  
    I'm going to add a contact management program to my laptop next week. I'm deciding between Act and Goldmine (or other possibilities). I need to make the selection based on what will integrate best with my Treo 600 - to me "best" means simple. If possible, all I really want to do is be able to view my contact info (phone numbers etc. from my Treo) and possibly add notes on my Treo that will sync to my notebook.

Anyone have any suggestions/experience using either program (or another)?
    Thanks,
    STeve
    Be wary of ACT! Do a search about it's issues with Palm. A search should also offer you some work arounds for the issues. I use Act 6 and Act for Palm, but I truely dislike them both. There are others who do like them. I use them because my work uses them. I know nothing about Goldmine. It is good your doing your homework, because it's a mess if you choose badly. Good Luck
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I've not tried the extended Palm integration, but I have been incredibly pleased with OutlookCRM. It is a powerful contact manager that sits right on top of Outlook and utilizes the same database. If it is being used in a shared office environment, differnt users can update the contacts

Again, I'm not sure about integrating the additional data fields into a Palm client, but I have a feeling it can be done. I have not needed to so far.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I have been using ACT for Palm (AFP) for most of this year along with ACT 6.0. Note - AFP is not yet compatable with the newest desktop version of ACT - though it's supposedly in the works. If you're ready to buy - make sure that programs for both are available / compatable. I don't have any experience with Goldmine so I can't comment.

I'm satisfied with the way AFP works. It certainly could be more Palm OS friendly (doesn't use the 5-way). I run a 1,500 personal contact database on the TREO 600 with ease. My business ACT database is apparently too large for the TREO (18,000+ contacts). Current version of AFP does NOT allow use of memory cards or multiple databases on the TREO. If Goldmine does this i suggest you evaluate it further. I like the desktop version of ACT and will live with shortfalls on the hand held. The travelling copy is mostly for look up only and not substantial data manipulation. Notes work OK too.
  5.    #5  
    I'll take another look at Outlook CRM. I recall looking at it last year but don't remember the outcome.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McTreo
    I've not tried the extended Palm integration, but I have been incredibly pleased with OutlookCRM. It is a powerful contact manager that sits right on top of Outlook and utilizes the same database. If it is being used in a shared office environment, differnt users can update the contacts

Again, I'm not sure about integrating the additional data fields into a Palm client, but I have a feeling it can be done. I have not needed to so far.
    Just been browsing as trying to integrate Goldmine with my accounts software with some difficulty. I use Sage Line50 accounts, GM v6 and Treo 270 (waiting for UK 650 soon)

I sync GM with T270 using Companionlink and this is quite good. I have 5000 contacts in Goldmine (about 2500 contact and another 2500 additional contacts)

The only difficulty that I have is the main phone number of additional contacts - I have tried out a work around that I asked for help for on the contact review forum at this thread and it works fairly well.

However I am frustrated with the link between Sage Line50 accounts and Goldmine - this slows down my network and I have not got it working properly yet. Probably have to chuck out all my office PC's and start with a new faster network.

very interested in hearing any replies
    Salesforce.com is quite nice and integrates well with my treo. Has a mobil client as well. Act and Goldmine suck IMO as well as Outlooks business contact manager.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Agendus and SmartList to Go.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Let ACT know now that you are interested in an update for ACT! for Palm OS via http://act.com/products/other/palm/notify
    and also call Customer Service asking for details on when they will have an update for the Treo 650 Palm OS v5.4 ****CALL- 877-386-8083 ****