Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hello all! I am looking at getting a 650 after my team lead got a VM from PalmOne about the RoadShow in Chicago. I will be attending now. I am looking at getting accessories for the 650. Besides the "connector" that is different is there anything else? Also I am looking at getting another Boxwave for my new 650. Will the 600 one work?

Any input ya'll got out there would be great. Websites too of items would be wonderful too.

Thanks.
    I'll be at the afternoon session, glad to see more people signing up from here!

As for accessories.. very little will still work. headsets, that's about it. Docks, chargers, sync cables. I've seen no mention of what the new replacement accessories are, or how much they'll cost or any 3rd parties that are currently developing things for us to add to our new toy... err tool.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I dont think all headsets will work. It gathered that the Treo 650 uses a 4 pin headset, whereas the Treo 600 uses a 3 pin setup. I think the 4th pin is for stereo sound, but I could see the old headsets not working.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I guess my biggest concern is the screen protector. I really like the Boxwave ones as I have it on my current 600. Of course I don't want to shell out 13 shells and then be disappointed when it doesn't fit.

So do you know the "secret" TreoCentral handshake so we know who is who in Chicago. I'll be there in the PM session only since it will take me about 3 hours to get down there. (Taking the train). You'll know who I am, I'll be the big sore thumb who has been to Chicago twice
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm getting the G2BlueTrek headset next week (since I was going to get it for my 600 anyway). By reading the instructions it will look like that one will work w/o the donlge, all I have to do it pair in with "my" 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofdog
    ....So do you know the "secret" TreoCentral handshake so we know who is who in Chicago. I'll be there in the PM session only since it will take me about 3 hours to get down there. (Taking the train). You'll know who I am, I'll be the big sore thumb who has been to Chicago twice
    I'll be there too, coming in for the PM session, sitting quietly in the back, waiting form my GSM coupon.

I think the handshake involves some sort of thumb keyboard motion.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I dont think all headsets will work. It gathered that the Treo 650 uses a 4 pin headset, whereas the Treo 600 uses a 3 pin setup. I think the 4th pin is for stereo sound, but I could see the old headsets not working.
    I've been in touch with SEIDIO. According to them, the treo 600 headsets are not compatible with the 650. They are working on compatible headsets for the 650.
    Its the price we pay for progress.
    It looks like old headsets won't work. http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0017&cat=20023
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Anything on the screen size comparison between the 600 and 650? Is there a difference there?
    Everything I've seen says they are the same size. Indeed PLMO screen protectors are sold for both. http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0005&cat=20021
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Everything I've seen says they are the same size. Indeed PLMO screen protectors are sold for both. http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0005&cat=20021
    Except it says...

"Included templates help make sure you get the perfect fit for your Treo™ smartphone."

They could still be slightly different and then you have to trim.
    I wonder whe Vaja will have their case available for the 650. A "coming soon" is up there - but lets hope it IS soon!

Does anyone have experience with using a BT headset for their cell phone AND a deskphone? We have Avaya phones here in the office and I would love to get rid of my corded headset and use a BT one.

Anyone?

Thanks!!
    When and where in Chicago is the Treo Road Show? Can anyone say without being tracked down and spanked?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Here is info on the Chicago Tradeshow.
    Tradeshow Information

I'll be there, PM session, driving in from Indianapolis, will likely stay and enjoy some dinner before making the long trek home.

Chicago-ites...any suggestions on good food around the Roadshow location???

K
    Thanks for the link. As for food possibilities, there are countless restaurants on or just off Michigan Avenue. Search metromix.com if you want something specific, or take a stroll south around the Water Tower.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Sounds like we need a Chicago thread. I'm coming from Kenosha via Metra to Oglivie Center. I'll probably take a bus or cab or hijack some bicycle if I get desperate enough. Any info on the general vicinity would be great!!