1.    #1  
    I have a question, it may be dumb, but if someone could clarify for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Whats the big uproar for not having WiFi if we have PCS Vision for 10.00 a month for unlimited service? That gives me access to the web at any time. So, what do I need WiFi for if I have this? From what I understand, WiFi hotspots like say in a restaurant or coffee shop just give you web access in a limited range around that spot. If I have unlimited data and web access, what do I need WiFi for?

Thanks in advance!
    subscribing to thread
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    1 Control your home-network.
    -VPN
    -Have a computer that is hooked up to a stereo, networked with music, now you can choose what it will play, turn it up etc.
    - Computer hooked up to a TV. Ever try to hook a computer and a TV up and try to read anything, it is retchid. Now you can turn on that movie you just downloaded, and watch it on your 57" HDTV.
    2 Speed
    3 Access to your home-network
    -Streaming music
    -Copy work files over before you leave for work, or you forget all you would need to do is get near your house.
    -Streaming video
    -Work on or view files that are on your other computers.

This is just some basic things. I have a ton more ideas, but those cost money.
    Last edited by ls3mach; 10/29/2004 at 09:37 AM. Reason: To eloborate
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    For MOST Sprint users, there actually is not a huge need for wi-fi. If you happen to be at a hotspot, you can download a lot faster. Also, in some big offices buildings there are wi-fi networks that run throughout the building that are easier to pick up then a cellphone signal. Thats about it really except for some of us techno-geeks that like to play with things.

BUT there are a lot of folks that don't use sprint and the data plans on other carriers can be quite steep. For them wi-fi could be very useful if they have easy access to a hotspot.
    For me, wifi means:
    faster connections at home and the airport
    do not have to use my minutes at home or at a hotspot (use VOIP instead)
    and VPN

It is not critical but would be nice, after all, i could ask if you have the 600, why would you want the 650? The answer is because it is better for both questions.
    you're obviously not an international traveller or never outside your own country at all if wi-fi is a no-need for you. but for more and more people it is and its just straight-dumb by P1 to find excuses for something that the competition is integrating since a looong long time.