Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Too bad Cingular has, by far, the worst call quality I've ever encountered. At least here in the Washington, DC area. I got better sound on my old Analog Verizon service than I got on Cingular digital.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Too bad Cingular has, by far, the worst call quality I've ever encountered. At least here in the Washington, DC area. I got better sound on my old Analog Verizon service than I got on Cingular digital.
    Well it is the best here in So Cal. And I have had Cingular for a very long time. I travel to DC at least every year or two. I was there this summer and had fine service, everywhere I went: Gallaudet(Florida SE), Dupont Circle, Smithsonian area, Downtown, Union Station (Except for the basement food court), Pentagon, Pentagon City, Adams Morgan...
    I have always had fine service there. I am not arguing with you but I have spent many months over the last 10 years in D.C.

The only thing I miss is that in prior years, with Cingular, We road the waves of Bell Atlantic and had full service in the subway. Now I dont have service in the subway. I used to be so impressed by service whilie you are on the subway. I don't now if it was changed because of security or if it was sold off when Verizon bought out Bell Atlantic or if it was an analog signal. By the way I love D.C. And in my opinion, DC has the best public transportation of any city in the US.

And since I am spending two months in Europe next year, added bonus is that all of the world is GSM except Japan and one of the Korea's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Here's the set-up. If you were given the choice between a CDMA and an (unlocked) GSM Treo 650, and cost of plans and/or phone were taken out of the equation, which would you choose?

I would take the unlocked GSM into England and use it to bash the CDMA phone to lil tiny bits........
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123