1.    #1  
    The specs indicate UP TO 10 DAYS of standby time, but I'm only getting about 4 days with not very much usage (screen is actually on for less then 20 minutes a day and maybe 5 short calls a day if that). I do leave it on overnight and I know the signal isn't great in my house - 2 bars most of the time... but does it have that much of an impact on it ?

Do you guys see better battery life with similar or more usage ?
    I usually charge mine every night.
    Why not try that?
  3.    #3  
    The point is to have it last as long as possible and if it's dying quicker than it's supposed to, I'd like to know I have a problem on my hands.

I did read keeping the thing charged even when not fully discharged is actually better for the battery in the long term, but that's not what I'm asking here...
    Well first problem is standby times are usually measured without using the phone and probably the device at all. The fact that you are using it is going to immediately effect the length the battery lasts.
    Add to that if the phone has to search for a signal or use more power to pull in a weaker signal it may use even more battery, reducing even further your "standby" time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rh71
    The specs indicate UP TO 10 DAYS of standby time, but I'm only getting about 4 days with not very much usage (screen is actually on for less then 20 minutes a day and maybe 5 short calls a day if that). I do leave it on overnight and I know the signal isn't great in my house - 2 bars most of the time... but does it have that much of an impact on it ?

Do you guys see better battery life with similar or more usage ?
    There is a reason that cell phone standby time is always specified as "up to" some value, and you just mentioned it in your post.
    While your cellphone is turned on, it must have periodic conversations with the nearest base station to let the system know that is is on the nework and available to be called. The weaker your received signal is the stronger your phone has to set it's transmitter to complete the conversation. So if the received signal is weak, your standby time will be shorter. This is quite pronounced for CDMA phones like Sprint and Verizon, because a CDMA phone adjusts it's transmit power over an 80dB range in very small steps, but the effect is similar on a GSM phone too. You could improve your standby time by using one of the utilities that turn the cell phone portion of the Treo off overnight when when you are not using it any, if you wanted to. They will also turn it back on in the morning automatically, so that you do not have to worry about forgetting to turn it on.
  6.    #6  
    thx... any direction on that utility to schedule the wireless on/off ?
    thx... any direction on that utility to schedule the wireless on/off ?
    There are several available for the T600. The one that I am using is TreoOff/On by Carl Quick. You should be able to find that one at www.thequickster.com
  8.    #8  
    hmm... seems to be missing from his products page... tough thing to search openly for... have any other leads / software names ?
    hmm... seems to be missing from his products page... tough thing to search openly for... have any other leads / software names ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=4389
  10.    #10  
    thx!