Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    He's got 10 in stock. And we all know where at least some of the pictures come from.

http://tinyurl.com/6p85u

Looks very suspect to me.
    scam of course

golden rule

"if it seems to good to be true, then its a scam"
    He has a decent eBay history. Its probably legit, but at almost $1,000, a little pricey Best to wait a bit and get it at half that price.
    furthermore those arent his pics...people have got to learn to watermark their images before posting them

i believe those pics are from the treonauts page
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    furthermore those arent his pics...people have got to learn to watermark their images before posting them
    Yeah, but most eBay sellers don't use their own pics. I myself do to prove I have the product, but its ironic that a poorly lighted, fuzzy pic is better proof that you have something than a nice, shiny, crisp picture. The crappier the picture, the more I'm convinced its legit
    bengalboy over at my virtual home (howardforums) we had to pummel it into him to start watermarking his images...he gets units before people (well he could afford it...lawyer, and rolling in dah dough)...and well people were stealing his images for ebay and other merchandise sale sites
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    bengalboy over at my virtual home (howardforums) we had to pummel it into him to start watermarking his images...he gets units before people (well he could afford it...lawyer, and rolling in dah dough)...and well people were stealing his images for ebay and other merchandise sale sites
    ah...bengalboy with his infamous 'shadow cat' pictures
    once he started to watermark his pictures, people are protesting they can't see well cause of the cats
    well, you can't satisfy everyone, that's another golden rule
    anyone bother to ask him for pictures of the box&manuals etc?
    How can he when noone else. How many want to give money aqway without anything in return.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    anyone bother to ask him for pictures of the box&manuals etc?
    I did... here is my reply from them....

Dear bigredgpk,

"Hello,
    I am soooo happy i found this auction! But I have some questions for you. In the pictures you have posted, some of the pictures have the numbers for dialing in blue, but two pictures don't have this (all the keys are white). Is this because you have two different GSM models? Also can you send me a pic of the OEM box that the Treo is in? well anyway let me know!

Tim"

No, it's because I have a terrible digital camera that doesnt work!
    Well at least they reply to questions very quickly! hehe

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Well, I emailed him with the same question about why no real pics. He said his camera broke.

Hmmmm.....
    I e-mailed him too. Here was his quick response to me...

"Hi, wow... I can't believe you got your hands on some GSM Treo 650's! That's awesome! I'm extremely interested in purchasing one of these and I know, over at one of my favorite PDA websites, there are others that would probably buy from you too. However, I think everyone would like to see some pictures of the box... a little more proof that you have these phones. All of us have heard that the GSM models aren't going to be ready until after the new year. Like I said, I'm VERY interested but just a wee bit leary as I think everyone else is too

Brandon"

Yeah... send me a new digital camera and I'll send you all the pictures you want! My Sony T1 died (truth is I dropped it in the toilet!)... end of story. They are real, they are freakin fantastic and I've already sold 7!
    Tell him to take pictures with one of the units.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    Tell him to take pictures with one of the units.
    He might drop the 650 in the toilet as well.

A legitimate seller would take a couple of extra pictures. Especially for the amount of profit he is looking to make on each Treo. The fact that he won't should tell you all you need to know.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    OMG, somebody actually bite the ebay deal
    9 remaining, did anyone here @ treocentral actually bit it?

Dear wolwol,

You asked:
    "hi, am just wondering, this has only been announced a few days ago, how could you get it so fast, am so excited, do you have pictures of the packaging and manuals etc, you know, cause its like over 900bucks and ebay being an infamous place of scams, please do send me the pictures of the treo 650 packaging and manuals before am bidding on this item"

Well, when I pay a few extra dollars to my wholesaler, amazing things happen! i would send you photos but my Sony T1 digital camera just died, and I probably wont be able to replace it for another day or two. Check my feedback if you are concerned....
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about it. He's got good feedback and has other items for sale, but I'll need some type of additional verification beforehand as it could in theory be a hijacked ebay account. 1K is alot but I have it and I'm impatient. We'll see.
    ^^update us with the details iJITSU (
    Seems legit to me and I have a long history on Ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Something Fishy. I played along and the paypal account is linked to a user in Singapore.
    Singapore is a bad sign. That part of the world has a bad history with online fraud. Paypal and many other companies won't even accept accounts from places like Malaysia. Which is too bad for all the honest people in those areas.
    Now there's six available. Goin' fast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast