Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Dropped his camera in the toilet? That's the best one I've heard since O.J. broke that glass in his hand to cause those cuts... It's a scam. Surely someone with the resources to get TEN GSM Treo 650's has the resources to get a cheap-*** camera to get people to bid hundreds of dollars more on them. This guy is cashing out his eBay account in a BIG WAY.
    No camera? He's got 10 Treo 650's. He's got 10 cameras!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    No camera? He's got 10 Treo 650's. He's got 10 cameras!
    I don't think this is legit, but if it is would you want to crack one of the packages open to use the camera and to take pictures of it and then try and explain to that person that get's that package why it's open?
    It has been rumored that some legit ebayers have been hacked and taken over by scammers to take advantage of their good feedback. I don't know how true this is.
    mervynle, how did you get his paypal ID? did you actually buy the product? do you have screenshots?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Items in Chicago, Paypal in Singapore, and refusal to provide pictures is enough for me to assume this is a hijacked ebay account scam. I hope I'm wrong, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I don't think this is legit, but if it is would you want to crack one of the packages open to use the camera and to take pictures of it and then try and explain to that person that get's that package why it's open?
    Well, if I was interested in this, I would tell him to open a box, take a picture with the Treo of all the other boxes, send the picture to me and if its legit, he can send me the one that he opened

But even if it was legit, I wouldn't pay $1000 when it can be had for half that in less than a month.
    I also just noticed he requires "immediate payment". Another warning sign.
    I e-mailed him and asked him since im Chicago also i want to pick a couple of them up. lets see if he blows me off
    weird, the reply email i got was from mofobro1@yahoo.com and not phukit88
    mervynle, so you are actually one of those buyers on the list? he might give you negative feedback...
    This "phishing email" would explain how they steal accounts (I get this email about 20x a month). You really have to check out the link posted. Quite authentic looking. I always fill out the information with phoney details and submit it just for fun.

Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 5:07 PM
    To: me
    Subject: Final Notification of Fraudulent Account Disclosure

eBay - Fraudulent Account

Dear eBay Member,

We regret to inform you that we had to block your eBay and PayPal account because we had been notified that your account may have been compromised by outside parties. Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your account must always be under your control or those whom you designate at all times.

We have noticed some activities pertaining to your account indicating that other parties may have access and / or control of information in your account. These parties have in the past been involved with money laundering, illegal drugs, terrorism and various Federal Title 18 violations. In order that you may access your account, verify your identity by clicking here. (http://ssl-ebay.us/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI...ate=SSL-Secure)

Please be aware that until we are unable to verify your identity no further access to your account will be allowed and we will have no other liability for your account or any transactions that may have occur as a result of your failure to reactivate your account as instructed below.

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide services if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify any information you provide to us.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquiries related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

***Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A Response***

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter...

Sincerely,
    Marry Kimmel
    Fraud Team Department

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

Copyright 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
    CSI: TC at it's finest
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Hey, we can tell all those that say "get a life" that we have a lot of it already... :-| well Friday evening... certainly beats work.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    What if this isn't the guy...now you've posted this poor sap's personal info online. Yes, I know it's probably available through 411 or some online search directory.

ixtab1970, do the right thing and take it down...
    oh yeah
    the team in the work
    The easy way to resolve this:

Go to Alamak.com it is a chat room room stationed in Singapore. Go in and find someone who lives near by. And have them go by and checkout the phones and take some pictures. I did this to a guy in Sweden (selling new Dell laptops for $200) with a swedish chatroom - the guy got mad and told me to quit sending people to his house and he took all of the laptops off auction.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Available through www.whitepages.com anytime...
    The guy's name was taken from a winning bid.

Best thing that can happen is that he gets a call from a TC user and learn that his ebay account was hijacked.
    If it wasn't and he is legit then even better, then I'm sure the 4 remaining items will sell right away.

I agree about not posting personal information in general but well this bid looks too suspicious.

Ix.
    As I noted in my earlier post, of course you can get his info online....not the point though. Clearly anyone reading this thread is not going (at least I hope not) to get suckered into this weather it's legit or not(unless you're ready to drop $1000 to get by it next week). If it's a scam, he'll be found out soon enough, but if this is the wrong guy, you hosed some guy who probably doesn't want to be bothered, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsnpixels
    The easy way to resolve this:

Go to Alamak.com it is a chat room room stationed in Singapore. Go in and find someone who lives near by. And have them go by and checkout the phones and take some pictures. I did this to a guy in Sweden (selling new Dell laptops for $200) with a swedish chatroom - the guy got mad and told me to quit sending people to his house and he took all of the laptops off auction.
    i have friends living in singapore
    so, is his address in singapore?
    i've lived in singapore for over 10 years, i should be familiar with the address
    Well, if his history tells anything, then he MIGHT be ok. But even though he has a high ebay rating, notice that he does not have PayPal buyer protection. So, if you DO buy, and it is a scam, then your screwed.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast