Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Im So Unpopular
    No coffee necessary. Attached is a picture I just took of my 650.

I noticed that you had mentioned this in another thread. I then went to the Treo 650 hardware page, but you had created no post. I for one would like for you to start your own thread talking about the phone. How you got it, how the upgrade was, do you love it and whatnot.

Lonzo

To stay on topic, I have a land line, but never use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I noticed that you had mentioned this in another thread. I then went to the Treo 650 hardware page, but you had created no post. I for one would like for you to start your own thread talking about the phone. How you got it, how the upgrade was, do you love it and whatnot.

Lonzo

To stay on topic, I have a land line, but never use it.
    I think the link he provided was to "Ignore" his posts in the future. He has no 650.
    For those of you that do not have a land line: Have any of you applied for a major loan (home or new car) since you've gone land-lineless? I have heard some financial institutions don't look favorably (yet) on those without a land line? However, I have been thinking about going this route in the near future.
    Im So Unpopular won't say too much until the NDA's expire on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come monday you will hear all about how people got their 650 before anyone else and what they think of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    For those of you that do not have a land line: Have any of you applied for a major loan (home or new car) since you've gone land-lineless? I have heard some financial institutions don't look favorably (yet) on those without a land line? However, I have been thinking about going this route in the near future.
    Can't you just give them your cell number? Do financial institutions actually verify that you have a home number?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Can't you just give them your cell number? Do financial institutions actually verify that you have a home number?
    They look for a credit history with a "utility". Gas, electric, water, and landline phones are traditionally considered utilities. Cable companies are also occasionally accepted. Cellular lines have not traditionally been accepted, although this is changing as VOIP, and wireless is becoming cheaper and more popular than landline services.
    No land line 3 cell #'s. $95/mo
    Mortgage, 1 new car (no problem used main cell number). $2500/mo
    Not having to deal with SBC. Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    They look for a credit history with a "utility". Gas, electric, water, and landline phones are traditionally considered utilities. Cable companies are also occasionally accepted. Cellular lines have not traditionally been accepted, although this is changing as VOIP, and wireless is becoming cheaper and more popular than landline services.
    I never had a land line in my name. when i got my condo mortgage, ordered cable and electric and anything else I needed, the phone number i gave was my t-mo number.

hey, even dominoes takes it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I wish I could do away with my landline, but my apartment complex has an entrance gate which is activated by landline, so I can't get rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NamesJay
    I wish I could do away with my landline, but my apartment complex has an entrance gate which is activated by landline, so I can't get rid of it.
    I have the same issue with my condo, pretty stupid! At first I was only familiar with the type that actually makes an outgoing phone call to any number you program into it. The one I have doesn't work that way. It actually taps into your physical phone line and makes your phone ring without making a real phone call.
    I just purchased my second house in 18 months. Cell phone will work fine. One "utility" on a credit record is not worth much more than two (as long as they are paid on time!)

Back to to the Tivo information, I have the Directtv HD Tivo. All of the guide data is supplied by the satellite. The only thing you cannot do by not having a land line is order PPV movies from your remote. You can call customer service and order them though. (I personally don't order any PPV movies) Check out tivocommunity.com for a full range of boards with every imaganable scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I have the same issue with my condo, pretty stupid! At first I was only familiar with the type that actually makes an outgoing phone call to any number you program into it. The one I have doesn't work that way. It actually taps into your physical phone line and makes your phone ring without making a real phone call.
    Check into emergency only 911 service on your lanline. It should provide power for the gate to dial in and only cost a few bucks per month (depending on where you live).
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    whatever happened to "unpopular" with his 650?? He seemed to disappear when asked detailed questions about it. If your out there, eager people are waiting on answers... :-)
    Vince
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    he probably killed a palmOne rep to get it so i wouldnt want to draw too much attention to myself either.. http://www.muller-godschalk.com/images/yahoo/52.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    whatever happened to "unpopular" with his 650?? He seemed to disappear when asked detailed questions about it. If your out there, eager people are waiting on answers... :-)
    Vince
    I think he is either an early adopter or reviewer. He probably will not respond until Monday when the Non-disclosure Agreement expires.
    Non-disclosure agreement expiring on Monday? How do you know these things? Could this mean it will be listed on Sprint's site on Monday?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I'm still on the original Philips 13hr box - although I did mod it to a 40hr (best quality)/170hr (basic quality) box thanks to a handy kit & link found on 9thTee's website (whom I've seen lurking around here lately). I bought this box off an infomercial back in 1999 & can't bear to give up my lifetime service by upgrading.

I guess I'm not as geeky as I thought. shwoo! Now I can upgrade my phone again with my feminity in tact. Afterall, I have used my Treo to buy jewelry from ACNTV. Certainly must count for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    Non-disclosure agreement expiring on Monday? How do you know these things? Could this mean it will be listed on Sprint's site on Monday?
    All rumors. Read the threads. IMHO Yes it will be on Sprints site Monday (or early next week).
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Guide data is broadcasted OTA
    On a DirectTivi but not a standalone Tivo.
    Standalone Tivo's either need a phone line or an internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    Although I don't have a phone attached to my landline, the service is still necessary for my TiVO box.
    If you have broadband Internet, you can ditch the landline (assuming you don't use DSL) for your TiVo guide data. I have a Phillips Series 1 TiVo using TurboNet and wireless ethernet adapter to hook into my wireless network. The Series 2 in my bedroom uses a USB wireless adapter to hook into my network.

Course, if you don't have a network (wired or wireless) in your house, this may be more upfront expense than you want to take on right now. Over time, though, it pays off as you don't need to pay for your landline anymore.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast