1.    #1  
    I'd like to get a definitive answer to this question (probably not possible, but I'll go for it anyway ). From what I understand, you pay more for Vision if you get a PPC device vs. a Palm based Smartphone. Is this true? This would greatly effect my choice. I already am paying Sprint a small fortune each month (this month's bill was $165). I absolutely refuse to pay them anymore and am in fact trying to find some ways to cut my bill, like removing Vision from my wife's phone, who never uses it. IMO - this is a biggie, if I have to pay $15/month more if I have a PPC6600 forget it.
    The Sprint PCS VisionSM Professional Pack for Pocket PC (Requires a Sprint PCS Vision Phone. Additional $15/month for Sprint PCS Vision Smart Devices that use the Microsoft® Pocket PC Operating System.) is $30.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    The Sprint PCS VisionSM Professional Pack for Pocket PC (Requires a Sprint PCS Vision Phone. Additional $15/month for Sprint PCS Vision Smart Devices that use the Microsoft® Pocket PC Operating System.) is $30.
    Which makes no sense whatsoever. Nice reasoning Sprint
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Sure it does; Windows devices need more support.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi
    As past and current owner of both Pocket PC (I700, XDA II, iPaq 6315, MDA III) and Palm based smartphones (Kyo 6000, Kyo 7135, Treo 600), in both CDMA and GSM environments), that is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi

Untruths only reveal the character of those who profess them
    I have heard that most reps will not add on the extra $15/mo if you switch phones. If you get one that forces you to add it... just hang up and try again
    SOME reps have apparantly not added the charge, but they are supposed to. I certainly would not say "most" given the info we have on this board.

When I did a random CSR call to check on the issue (called from landline, did NOt give them my name or number!), I was told that the charge would be added if someone swiched phones. I called a second time and asked for a supervisor and used a slightly different spiel and was told that, if for any reason it was not charged and didnt have some kind of override code from a supervisor or from billing authorizing it, the charge would everntually either be added or vision would get dropped. Your normal CSR has no authority to NOT charge you the extra. She said things like that do sometimes fall between the cracks, but they check accounts periodically. She said that they COULD go back and charge you for the back $15/mo since its in the TOS, but she had never heard anybody doing that.

My guess is that if you don't get charged the extra amount, you have a pretty good chance of going a long time before they catch it, unless you throw up a red flag like lots of data usage. Threads on other boards have said that if you go over 1 gig a month or so, your account gets flagged as they suspect you might be using phone as a modem. That is much more likely I would think for PDAK2 users, so if you are going to switch to that phone and use the internet a lot with it, you should not be suprised if you get the $15/mo charge eventually even if you skate by at first.

Their reasoning on this has been posted quiet a bit over at sprintpcsinfo.com. Sprint believes that the Microsoft devices are used much heavier for internet browsing and downloading than the palm devices. With the PDA2K they are probably right.

If fact, it would not surprise me if someday we find out that one of the reasons that the memory on the 650 is not larger is because if they had done that, Sprint would have kicked the palm up into the extra $15/mo catagory. Less internal memory, harder it is to do massive downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    SOME reps have apparantly not added the charge, but they are supposed to. I certainly would not say "most" given the info we have on this board.
    I have done numerous ESN swaps between palm os and ppc phones and have never been assessed any additional charges. YMMV

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2