View Poll Results: Which carrier will you use when you buy the treo 650?

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

    146 51.41%
  • AT&T

    22 7.75%
  • Cingular

    27 9.51%
  • T-mobile

    41 14.44%
  • Verizon

    20 7.04%
  • Unlocked

    22 7.75%
  • HELL NO...I'm not spending money on that S#&@!

    6 2.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. #41  
    Do you think that Sprint will be the only one to carry the phone for a while?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr3oLoVeR
    Do you think that Sprint will be the only one to carry the phone for a while?
    Certainly. All the press has said as much, PalmOne said as much, Sprint said as much. Why would you ask again? Sprint will likely be the only one to carry this phone for a while. How long a while means is unclear. 1 month, 2 months, 1 quarter. Regardless...Sprint will be the first and only one to carry this phone for a while.
  3. chankla's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #43  
    AT&T has the best (not the cheapest) world-wide coverage agreements. Seems to work everywhere I go.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    Certainly. All the press has said as much, PalmOne said as much, Sprint said as much. Why would you ask again? Sprint will likely be the only one to carry this phone for a while. How long a while means is unclear. 1 month, 2 months, 1 quarter. Regardless...Sprint will be the first and only one to carry this phone for a while.
    You know, AT&T is saying that they are coming out before christmas as well...I guess we'll see...
  5. #45  
    Also those that bought ATT/Cingular units at Roadshow this week are expecting an email telling us shipping details. I am guessing GSM 1st week in Jan, although I hope the ATT b4 Xmas rumor is true.
  6. #46  
    I talked with a Cingular Service Rep. She told me that even though Cingular had acquired AT&T, phones still may only be offered to one side only. In other words, the Treo 650 is made for AT&T... so it may not be offered to the Cingular's Phone & Data Plans. AT&T's data plan sucks. I want Cingular's Media Package.

    Anyway, can anyone else confirm this Cingular Rep's rumor? BTW, she also said that a batch of new phones are slated for release next month (Nov). Treo 650 should be in that batch too.

    She doesn't sound 100% confident so I really would love to hear what people have to say about this.

    Otherwise, I may be forced to go with Sprint (with not so good coverage in my area - San Diego)
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  7. #47  
    Sprint baby! i work 4 the cheap bums but i cant complain about free unlimited data for me!! the new employee plan 4 unlimited everything(mins, data, readylink, etc) for 10 buck a month makes up for the low pay!
    Sprints employees only get 15% off of products at FULL PRICE while customer get instant savings and rebates, so who's really getting screwed?
  8. #48  
    Been with Sprint for 5 plus years now and have never had an issue that they did not resolve with good CS. Great coverage in all my travels with work (OR, WA, ID, NV, CA, WY, IL, TX, HI). Great data plan. Great $5 roaming package. Competitive plan pricing.

    I am staying with Sprint!
  9. #49  
    Been with Sprint since 98. $10 Unlimited Vision, 7:00 nights, PCS to PCS, 24% off work discount, best data speeds... No need to fix what aint broke.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    Been with Sprint since 98. $10 Unlimited Vision, 7:00 nights, PCS to PCS, 24% off work discount, best data speeds... No need to fix what aint broke.

    Can you hook me up???
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    Been with Sprint since 98. $10 Unlimited Vision, 7:00 nights, PCS to PCS, 24% off work discount, best data speeds... No need to fix what aint broke.
    So you work at Sprint huh? I bet you are going to be the first person to let us know when this thing comes out. Please?!?!
  12. #52  
    Nope. I don't work for Sprint. I work for FedEx and they offer employee discounts for Sprint services. I'll be waiting just like the rest of you for the 650 to come out.
  13.    #53  
    How does Fed ex get you discounts at Sprint?!?!?!?! Wonder if my job lets me do that...
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Been with Sprint for 5 plus years now and have never had an issue that they did not resolve with good CS. Great coverage in all my travels with work (OR, WA, ID, NV, CA, WY, IL, TX, HI). Great data plan. Great $5 roaming package. Competitive plan pricing.

    I am staying with Sprint!
    Hobbes - I'm w/ VZW and am jumping ship - I live on the Central Coast of Calif. Of your travels in CA - where have you been and how was the coverage?? Thanks!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  15. #55  
    I live in Northern California (San Mateo) and I'm ready to switch from Cingular to Sprint. Any comments on Sprint coverage for this area?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    How does Fed ex get you discounts at Sprint?!?!?!?! Wonder if my job lets me do that...
    You may need to check on that. There are many companies that offer discounts for cellular services. Only thing is you have to inquire about them. Most companies won't just up and tell you. You have to ask.
  17.    #57  
    thanks man...I will keep you posted...
  18. #58  
    I was with T-Mobile before but now need to use the TREO 650 in Canada and Europe... Unlocked is the only way for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions