View Poll Results: Which carrier will you use when you buy the treo 650?

Voters
284. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

146 51.41%
  • AT&T

22 7.75%
  • Cingular

27 9.51%
  • T-mobile

41 14.44%
  • Verizon

20 7.04%
  • Unlocked

22 7.75%
  • HELL NO...I'm not spending money on that S#&@!

6 2.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's sad that T-Mobile is almost always only second to Sprint in usage among Treo users, yet they are the last among the GSM carriers to officially pick it up.

I wish T-Mobile would pay attention to this... it would be in their best interest to do so.
    T-Mobile is the Verizon of the GSM world - last to pick up the coolest phones. Although they did get an exclusive on the iPaq 6315, which shocked me. They also got that new Blackberry 7100 first too recently, so maybe they are changing their ways
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    T-Mobile is the Verizon of the GSM world - last to pick up the coolest phones. Although they did get an exclusive on the iPaq 6315, which shocked me. They also got that new Blackberry 7100 first too recently, so maybe they are changing their ways
    Maybe, but not in every way. I believe T-Mobile is very progressive with their rates for both voice and data, which is not the case with Verizon. They've also had two versions SideKick with great plans, underscoring their progressive views on data usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    Hmm, multiple exclamation marks and capital letters. You're either a woman or new to the internet (or foreign or over 45). Voted Sprint.
    Hey newbie (only 20 posts) watch that over 45 stuff.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Even though I have had better reception with Verizon, I am currently with Sprint. Unlimited data for $15/month, plus they are the only provider to carry the Samsung SPH-i500 (my current phone).

Also love the Business Connection service, which lets me check my Outlook work email on my phone.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  6.    #26  
    Its amazing that it seems like Sprint consistantly has HALF the treo population!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    Its amazing that it seems like Sprint consistantly has HALF the treo population!!!
    They were first out the door with it and, considering Sprint's large number of subscribers, this is not surprising.
    Sprint for me and have been for the past 4 years. Reception is great in my area (Bay Area, Milpitas) and the customer service at my local Sprint store have been really helpful. No complaints.
  9.    #29  
    Go Sprint!!!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    That sounds about right, since Sprint claims to have ordered over half of the treo600's shipped to date.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Cingular. Great coverage, decent CS.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    That sounds about right, since Sprint claims to have ordered over half of the treo600's shipped to date.
    Sweet...did not know that
    T-Mobile

I've been with every carrier prior to settling down with T-Mo. I've been with them for over a year now and I truly can't complain...

$39.99/Month:
    1050 Peak Mins
    Unlimited Nights & Weekends
    500 Conditional Call Forwarding Mins
    100 MMS Picture Messages
    Worldclass International Roaming

Add-ons:
    $19.99 Unlimited Internet w/MyEmail
    $9.99 Unlimited SMS Messages
    $2.99 Nationwide Roadside Assistance
    $3.99 Equipment Protection Service
  14.    #34  
    Yes, i'd have to admit that T-Mobile's plans are truly juicy...but, i've had them too, and i just can't get over their coverage...it's pretty bad.
    Here is the plan i have at present with rogers wireless:

Voice: 35$/month
    Government of Canada Corporate Plan
    325 weekday mins
    unlimited weekends and evenings (6pm - 8am)
    per second billing
    Enhanced Voicemail (different from regular voice mail)
    Caller ID
    Corporate LD rates
    3 way calling
    Call forwarding
    Call waiting
    Detailed billing
    2500 recieved text messages

Then the add-ons:
    15$ - Text messaging plan (500 SMSes)
    60$ - 15MB DAP (Data access plan)

I find it the funniest that my data plan is more than my voice...but meh whatever

(psst all these prices are in CAD)

so thats: 110CAD + 6.95 (CRTC Fee) + 0.25 (911 charge) * GST and PST (QST Sometimes) = 134.78 CAD before LD and 411 fees
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Does any other carrier offer a similiar insurance plan to Sprint's if the phone is lost/stolen (current cost $4 soon to be $5)
    thanks JZ
    Quote Originally Posted by jzaritsky
    Does any other carrier offer a similiar insurance plan to Sprint's if the phone is lost/stolen (current cost $4 soon to be $5)
    thanks JZ
    Yes, T-Mobile does, for $3.99.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jzaritsky
    thanks JZ
    i think most companies do....price? i have no idea
    Don't you think we should combine AT&T and Cingular to one since they have merged???
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Don't you think we should combine AT&T and Cingular to one since they have merged???
    even still...combined, they averaging 17%...not even close to Sprint at 50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast