Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I apoligize in advance if this has been discussed before, but I have an 8 month old Treo 600, only used as a phone for the past 60 days. It's just recently developed a problem with hearing phone conversations thru the ear receiver... conversation may start out ok (or not), then nothing. If I click on the speaker phone I can hear the other party just fine, so it's not a lost signal. Other times I can hear the other party with no problem, holding the phone to my ear... then for no logical reason there's other times when they cut out, and I have to swap over to the speaker phone to finish the conversation. Using the ear bud also works fine, all the time.

It's an undocked Handspring version, with no store to take it back to... has never been dropped. I installed the recent software upgrade, the phone software now shows Treo600-1.12-ROW with firmware 03.05 and hardware B (from the phone screen, menu, options, phone info)

I appreciate any help and constructive advice or suggestions anyone can provide... thanks.

GolferSA
    call palm. it is my understanding that the 600 has a year warranty.

they will hopefully replace it for you.

they may tell you to call your carrier first.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My wife just called me with the same problem except her receiver is completely dead while the speakerphone works fine. I searched the forum and came upon this thread. We both have unbranded Treos updated to Firmware 3.05 and software Treo600-1.12-ROW. Mine works fine hers is in trouble. We got our phones directly from Handspring/Palm when they made the upgrade offer for T-Mobile customers. We are going to call Palm and see what they say.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm happy to report that PalmOne sent a replacement phone, zero argument... almost overnighted but not quite. Received today and working fine... so far.

GolferSA
    Same here! The replacement was shipped home by Palm (- the unit was still under the warranty). The replacement Treo works fine.