1.    #1  
    I think i know the answer to this question, but i'll ask it anyways. Would it be same to assume that multitasking would be not be possible with this device, like the treo 600.

I miss multitasking from my nokia 3600 that i gave up at the end of april for dah treo..

Its so beautiful...now i dunno what to do
    ^^dang, whatcha doin here hofo_mofo?
    garnet doesn't support multitasking right
    Though officially it may not be a multitasking OS, you can definitely surf the web, download e-mail and play an MP3 all at the same time. What else do you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Though officially it may not be a multitasking OS, you can definitely surf the web, download e-mail and play an MP3 all at the same time. What else do you need?
    are you sure we can surf the web and downloading email at the same time?
    We need to surf (data) and speak (voice) at same time. That may be a CDMA limitation, but I really get nervous about missing calls while surfing the web.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    We need to surf (data) and speak (voice) at same time. That may be a CDMA limitation, but I really get nervous about missing calls while surfing the web.
    that's the limitation of GPRS as well
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    are you sure we can surf the web and downloading email at the same time?
    Yes. I do it all the time. The stock email program that ships with the Treo 600 allows it to check email in the background (unlike Snapper). It's a great program and I sincerely hope the functionality is not lost in the new 650.
    You've hit that one on the head. There's nothing Palmone can do about that (within reason).
  9.    #9  
    I remember when i was using the 3600..i could be surfin and then bam...phone call, and then i would be like...what huh gah..wtf..oh yeah my phone is ringing
    I guess the problem here are the carriers. They could of course change their networks such that the Treo would receive a notification over the data network that a call is pending, and allow you to stop your data session and accept the call. But with the 3G networks round the corner, they probably think it is not worth it to add this functionality now.
  11.    #11  
    From: http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/gprs/class.shtml

Class A, Class B & Class C?

The class indicates the mobile phone capabilities.

Class A
    Class A mobile phones can be connected to both GPRS and GSM services simultaneously.

Class B
    Class B mobile phones can be attached to both GPRS and GSM services, using one service at a time. Class B enables making or receiving a voice call, or sending/receiving an SMS during a GPRS connection. During voice calls or SMS, GPRS services are suspended and then resumed automatically after the call or SMS session has ended.

Class C
    Class C mobile phones are attached to either GPRS or GSM voice service. You need to switch manually between services.
  12.    #12  
    I thought most if not all GSM phones now use Class B?
    Going by those descriptions, the Treo (at least my 180 that I had a while ago) is a Class B.
    Yes. I do it all the time. The stock email program that ships with the Treo 600 allows it to check email in the background (unlike Snapper). It's a great program and I sincerely hope the functionality is not lost in the new 650.
    all along i've been using snapper...
    Well, you aren't surfing the web 100% of the time right? I mean unelss you are in an SSH session trailing the log constantly you aren't actively connected to the internet 100% of the time. In blazer if you are surfing the web, your calls only go to voicemail if Blazer is actively downloading. If it says "loading" but what it actually means "rendering the page" you'll be able to get the calls. Same with Verichat. If you are chatting you are just sending datagrams here and there. You are maybe sending data 5% of the time you spend in VeriChat, hence you'll be able to get the calls 95% of the time.

I just tested this under different scenarios, and it seems like the only time calls go to VoiceMail is when you use 100% of your bandwidth (like viewing a movie for instance).