Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. nunzio's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone have any idea if Sprint will continue to support the same data plan as the T600? I use data often and with my 1800 minutes it is free!
  2. #2  
    perhaps i'm naive, but if I just change my phone and not my plan/contract I should be able to keep the same data plan that I've got with my 600
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
  3. #3  
    i still have the same phone plan (w/unlimited free data) that i got 2+ years ago when i first got my treo 300. when you swap phones you *should* be able to keep the same plan
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by theoverlord
    i still have the same phone plan (w/unlimited free data) that i got 2+ years ago when i first got my treo 300. when you swap phones you *should* be able to keep the same plan
    I kept my plan when I replaced my Treo 300 with the Treo 600. Should be able to do the same with the 650. But it's Sprint, who knows. Call five times, get five different answers.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    I kept my plan when I replaced my Treo 300 with the Treo 600. Should be able to do the same with the 650. But it's Sprint, who knows. Call five times, get five different answers.
    yea i meant to say that i kept my plan when i switched to the 600. hence the *'s on should. sprint is never consistent.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    perhaps i'm naive, but if I just change my phone and not my plan/contract I should be able to keep the same data plan that I've got with my 600
    That is a very reasonable expectation.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    I kept my plan when I replaced my Treo 300 with the Treo 600. Should be able to do the same with the 650. But it's Sprint, who knows. Call five times, get five different answers.
    Just call the dumb little sprint monkeys and tell them you want to do a ESN swap. They can only focus on one task at a time due to their small brains. And even if they WERE smart enough they would be to lazy to look at your plan while doing the swap!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  8. #8  
    i just changed phones again. sprint told me the only thing they change is the ESN ***. with you, not the plan.
  9. #9  
    Yeah...you have an agreement with them...your contract. They can't change crap until it is up. Once it is, I believe it stays the same plan forever, until you decide to change it.. But by then, i'm sure they'll change the price of everything...who knows what you'll pay for.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    Yeah...you have an agreement with them...your contract. They can't change crap until it is up. Once it is, I believe it stays the same plan forever, until you decide to change it.. But by then, i'm sure they'll change the price of everything...who knows what you'll pay for.
    I don't know how, but I've only found a few people that have the same plan as I do. You can't get it anymore at the price I pay.

    So, as Jimmy Hoffa once said, "I'm gonna do what I gotta do to get the union back." Except, for me it will be to keep my current plan.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  11. #11  
    Word to the wise......If you got a good deal/good plan....keep it until your contract ends. I've got 2 Treo 600s and a I660....2000 shared....unlimited text/weeekends/evenings/data ...$90 bucks!!...Got another 6 months on this. And i'm getting a 650 too!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  12. nunzio's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
       #12  
    Thanks for the input. One last question for those of you that upgraded did your insurence roll to th new phone?

Posting Permissions