Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright, I bought a 4 month old Treo 600 from someone one this site. I'm now getting the "No Service" cutoff when my battery is below 47%. My SN is right in the middle of the numbers listed by Sprint for this issue. I'm not sure if I can just drive to a Sprint store and get a new one or if since I'm the second owner the warranty wouldn't be any good anyway.
    My theory is to buy the battery I have seen that has a 20% longer life and install that in my phone. Would that fix my "No Service" issue or is the problem with the connection between the board and the battery cable?
    What a drag.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhell
    Alright, I bought a 4 month old Treo 600 from someone one this site. I'm now getting the "No Service" cutoff when my battery is below 47%. My SN is right in the middle of the numbers listed by Sprint for this issue. I'm not sure if I can just drive to a Sprint store and get a new one or if since I'm the second owner the warranty wouldn't be any good anyway.
    My theory is to buy the battery I have seen that has a 20% longer life and install that in my phone. Would that fix my "No Service" issue or is the problem with the connection between the board and the battery cable?
    What a drag.
    go to sprint and see what they say. no need to mention where you got it from if they dont ask.

they are probably use to replacing them now and may not even question it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Has anyone installed one of these batteries?
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhell
    Has anyone installed one of these batteries?
    yeah, i forget who it was but he posted a thread on it. he notice some diff, but nothing spectacular.

sorry, i dont remember who did it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Same problem with mine - just took it to a Sprint store and they replaced. No questions asked as long as they verified it was still under warranty.
    I'm on my 3rd battery. I got my T600 on ebay and after a few months I got the network search issue. No matter how much I faught with sprint they would NOT replace it because I was the second owner. Their records show that information. I went and bought the 2000 mAh from pdaparts.com. They shipped it very quickly and have great instructions on changing it. I didn't buy the torx screwdriver or the case opener. I just went to ace and bought the bit, it's a T6 (you can turn the bit in your fingers without attaching it to a screwdriver). With good use of fingernails you can get the case open. I used the new battery for about 3 months (same lifetime as the stock one) under HEAVY usage. It finally started to have phone and internet issues so I bought another one and installed it two days ago. Now i'm back up and running and used my Treo all day yesterday. It's a great battery and pretty simple to install. If sprint wont replace your phone then $50 isn't a bad price to pay to get it goin again. The extra 200 mAh are actually noticable too. Hope that helps.

- Phil -

PS: If you do this battery swap, PUT THE SCREWS IN A GOOD PLACE. My T600 now has a screw loose . If anyone has an extra let me know...
  7.    #7  
    Well I went in and told them the issue. Just called and they said they were giving me a new unit when I go back to the store. I guess I should check the SN number and make sure the screen brightness and camera are up to snuff. I'm glad it worked out and hope it doesn't happen again.
    I'm also glad to know a new battery will fix this issue. I thought it might be the connection to the board but it sounds like the battery itself is the issue. Thanks for he help. If I didn't have these boards to check I'm sure I would have totally stressed out.
  8.    #8  
    I got it. It's much newer with the update. The screen is just a touch dimmer but I can live with it. Cool and thanks for the help.
  9.    #9  
    They said it was new and has very few minutes on it but it says it's a refurb. Good or bad?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Where Can I get that list of serial #' s effected.

As of yesterday. I would dial a # with full signal strength. It would dial, then drop the call. Or I would get a call going. then 30sec into the call. It would drop. (Sprint)

Please help
    I have the same problem, I took it to the Sprint Store, and they're shipping a new one to the store. On previous replacements they shipped to my house. Now It's the store, go figure.
    Maybe they'll ship a 650 here's to wishful thinking
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  12.    #12  
    Marker
    That's it, take it in.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks. However, I would still like that list of Serial #'s that show that my unit is defective. Anyone? Or a link on Palm / Sprint that talks about this issues. So I have some ammo to go into Sprint store with.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Marker, look here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=10

I just had mine replaced yesterday because of the battery/network search problem.

My friend had the same problem the day before and they mentioned an internal memo they had regarding this.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Chris ! Thanks! You were right on !

All ESNs between 09600716001 - 09600864216 that experience this issue will be covered under the standard warranty.

I have ESN # 09600863132

(Press ##786 to find out your Serial #)

It is going back to Sprint !

mark
    I've read in a few threads that the latest replacements for the 600 have the improved 650 camera. Anyone able to confirm this?

I experience the no service problem some times, my ESN is within those values,and my warranty is still good.

The only thing is I do not feel like dealing with the hassle of transfering all my programs when this no service problem hasn't hit me too bad.

Now if theres the possibility of getting a better camera out of this...
    My understanding the 650 has completely new camera software as well. I wouldn't think they would be switching large internals in the 600 at this date so I doubt any 600's have the 650 camera.
    What SNs and ESNs are known for problems ? The range of them... ?
    These ESN's are the ones known for the problems NoClones.

Quote Originally Posted by Marker23
    Chris ! Thanks! You were right on !

All ESNs between 09600716001 - 09600864216 that experience this issue will be covered under the standard warranty.

I have ESN # 09600863132

(Press ##786 to find out your Serial #)

It is going back to Sprint !

mark
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    I've read in a few threads that the latest replacements for the 600 have the improved 650 camera. Anyone able to confirm this?

I experience the no service problem some times, my ESN is within those values,and my warranty is still good.

The only thing is I do not feel like dealing with the hassle of transfering all my programs when this no service problem hasn't hit me too bad.

Now if theres the possibility of getting a better camera out of this...
    I had the same problem, and was also hesitant about transferring everything to a new unit. However, I decided to install BackUpMan, and it restored everything perfectly. Just takes a couple of minutes. Beware that many people have complained that the display on replacements units is worse (for instance, mine has a blue/green tint, whereas my original was white).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast