1.    #1  
    Don't think they have been posted yet, but I would really love to see actual pics taken of the same object with both the Treo 600 and the Treo 650.

Realize no one has the camera yet, but maybe at the Road show some brazen TC'er could take a couple of shots and email them to yourself then post em here. The Nov. 18th Show here seems like such a long way off....
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I will try today. I thought of this earlier.
  3.    #3  
    Hoping your mission will not be impossible.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Ok these are pictures actual size from the Long Beach Palm1 Treo Roadshow. The third floor of the Hyatt regency in a not so well lit meeting room. Top two is 600 vs 650 picture of friend who was attending and bottom two is very dark area behing the projection screen. I shot many more pictures but because the 650 I was using T-mobile and I was Cingular, for some reason MMS still has not arrived. The pictures I did get were beamed to me. I wish I had some outside shots. The 600 shot is blurry and I took it three times trying to eliminate the blur. The 650 was much clearer.
    http://www.enchantedtikiroom.net/600b.jpghttp://www.enchantedtikiroom.net/650b.jpg
    http://www.enchantedtikiroom.net/600a.jpghttp://www.enchantedtikiroom.net/650a.jpg
    Wow... definitely a big difference. But I know that better pictures can be taken with the Treo 600 than that blurry one Thanks for the pics chlaguna
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  6.    #6  
    THANKS CGLAGUNA,

Wow indeed! I was trying not to get my hopes up too high but man did you deliver! I think the 650 is a better camera than the 600. And those were taken in low light!

Thanks again for doing for us, what we were not able to do for ourselves!

-Mission Accomplished!!

P.S. Robert anyone who's been to your blog site knows you are the "KING" of 600 photography! If only my 600 pics would turn out as incredible as yours.

Wow That is quite a difference in quality!

And WOW those are some AMAZING pictures on Robert's site!!!!
    awesome...... now lets see some PDA2k pics
    awesome
    they're GOOD
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    P.S. Robert anyone who's been to your blog site knows you are the "KING" of 600 photography! If only my 600 pics would turn out as incredible as yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    And WOW those are some AMAZING pictures on Robert's site!!!!
    Thanks a lot Mell and awesterink!
    Robert
    Nice work cglaguna!!!

That is dramatic! The grungy low-light picture looks sadly familiar. The 650 camera will be a welcomed change.
    eh - the 650's cam is "good enough" for me

the camera isn't "the" reason i'm buying the ph - i would buy it if it didn't even have one

so - its good enough

final verdict
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Robert,
    I have one question...
    Are you using any additional software with your camera?
    I use Qset and I tried Pickem (but deleted it).
    My daylight pictures are consistently good, but the colors aren't there like with yours...
    Vince
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    So, in essence, any photo taken will look better both on the 650 itseld AND you desktop, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    So, in essence, any photo taken will look better both on the 650 itseld AND you desktop, correct?
    Yes on both accounts, looks much better on the higher resolution screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Robert,
    I have one question...
    Are you using any additional software with your camera?
    I use Qset and I tried Pickem (but deleted it).
    My daylight pictures are consistently good, but the colors aren't there like with yours...
    Vince
    I also use Qset (at 90). Sometimes I adjust the brightness/contrast a bit using the old MS Photo Editor, but most of the time the pics are just as they are from the Treo. My biggest "secret" is that I take 10-15 shots of anything that I want to be sure to get a good picture of. In almost exactly 10 months with my Treo 600 I have uploaded over 3,000 pictures to Sprint! (only 283 of which made it to TA).
    Robert
    It's usually the lens more than the pixels for the cameras.
    The mars rovers have like a 1 or 2 megapixel cameras but the lens is 50 grand.
    It makes a huge difference.

Look at the motorola MPx220. 1.3 mega and the images are all crap.

Glass lens rather than plastic I'm sure helps as well.

Regards
    Jim