1.    #1  
    I emailed ATT inquiring about early termination of my contract because I want the Treo 650 and it will be available from Sprint much sooner than ATT. For what it's worth, here is there reply. Seems like "will be available before Christmas" and "will be in AT&T stores in the first Week of November" is somewhat of a contradiction:

Thank you for contacting AT&T Wireless regarding your issue.

We would like you to know that the Treo 650 model will be available with AT&T before Christmas. Most probably the Treo 650 model will be in AT&T stores in the first week of November. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We request you to visit the website periodically for any updates.

You will receive an notification email as soon as the Treo 650 smartphone becomes available in our stores.
    Last edited by Argelius; 10/28/2004 at 09:51 AM.
    He or she probably meant the first week of December.....
    Ya, first week of Dec. BC Sprint is suppost to have the first at selling it before anyone else can.
  4.    #4  
    So...do I cancel my contract and do the "adult" thing and hold out for the GSM model to become available? What to do, what to do...
    Patience is a virtue
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Sadly, when it comes to gadgets I am totally without self control and discipline. Perhaps the fact that I have never owned a Treo, makes my current obsession for one more understandable. (I am currently using a Sony Ericcson p900). I've had dreams about the treo. For the love of god, someone please heeeelllllllppppp me....

I don't understand the lack of logic in the AT&T response. Doesn't the first week of November come before Christmas?
    Yep, I don't see a contradiction.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TPucca
    I don't understand the lack of logic in the AT&T response. Doesn't the first week of November come before Christmas?
    I guess it's not so much a case of faulty logic as it is horrible imprecision. It's sorta like saying the next Star Wars movie will be out by Summer 2005 or maybe this January.
    Wait! Breathe deeply. I'm waiting on AT&T also. However, I am more concerned about the Cingular acquistion of AT&T effecting the TREO 650 rollout. I am waiting because I want EDGE data speeds versus the CDMA 1xRTT. My contract is up January 1, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    So...do I cancel my contract and do the "adult" thing and hold out for the GSM model to become available? What to do, what to do...
    "In-store" could easily mean "we'll have a demo model on hand next week. You can play with it, but you pyscho geek-boys will have to wait a month to actually buy one. Neener, neener, neener".
  12.    #12  
    Psycho Geek-boy! That's me!

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    ATT IS Cingular now, as of this week at least. I have a feeling the ATT person you talked to online would tell you anything to keep you using them, so i wouldn't put too much trust in it. Besides, have you been in an ATT store lately and looked for a 600 on display? some of them still don't even know what they are! i say just hold out and wait and see what the plans are offering. maybe you could sign another year and get a discount and stay with Cingular/ATT.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    I want T-Mob 650!
    I hate my sprint T-600.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPucca
    Maybe AT&T is outsourcing their customer service to India. This is the kind of response you get from cheap labor outside the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Maybe AT&T is outsourcing their customer service to India. This is the kind of response you get from cheap labor outside the country.
    very true!!!!
    I just got this from TMO.... Rather un-helpful...

I understand that you are requesting information on when the Treo 650 will be available. I will be happy to assist you with
    this information. T-Mobile has not announced an official release date for such a Device at this time. We are constantly adding
    to our line-up of fantastic products so please check back with us often. For the most current information on the products that
    T-Mobile offers, please visit our website at T-Mobile.com or your local T-Mobile retail store.

We do regret any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Actually it's Canada. Canadians are, by and large, pretty polite and helpful folk and AT&T has used them in this role for years.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!