Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you're headed over to the TRS - Long Beach, consider this your official post to go ahead and....post...while you are sitting in the crowd.

TheHandlessKing
    I am here sitting in the room. More to come.
    Just finished. Good presentations from Palmone's VP and a product designer. During questions, both lack of Bluetooth in the T600 and lack of Wifi in the T650 hammered both of them. The answers were that they don't incorporate anything until they can get it "entirely" right. For the T600, bluetooth was just rolling out. Now since it is established by several autos and car phone suppliers, they rolled it with the 650. For Wifi, they say it is still too new and unstable to roll out. Mentioned the integration from wifi to telephony is difficult. "Maybe" in future models.
    Oh yeh, just ordered my Sprint T650 online for $349!
    I am leaving to go soon. Registration at 1PM. If anyone there reading this, I am wearing Red USC shirt, shaved head.
    Interesting presentation. I enjoyed looking at the "failed" prototypes.
    I've also never heard of Advocent before, but their products look impressive.
    Any word on other carrier rollout?
  7.    #7  
    Just gettin' into the Hilton.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Any word on other carrier rollout?
    No specific dates for the GSM versions, sorry. They barely touched on it, except that it's EDGE-capable, but we all knew that.
    any T-mobile stands around?
  10.    #10  
    Hmmmm.....I'm the only one here with jeans and converse here. Boy do I feel like an aligator in a mall (made that up myself. HA)

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Would you mind signing me in for the coupon? ;-)
    sitting here eating my cookie. the shows about to start! I've never seen so many Treos in one room before. LOL
    Brandon
  13.    #13  
    I'm eatin' my cookie too. Yum.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  14.    #14  
    It started.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I quietly sat in the second row and snapped some photos of the "failed" Treo designs from Peter Skillman's presentation. They are from a 4 MPixel camera (so they are big). Does anyone want to help post them? Send me an email and I'll send the big .JPG files to you.

I saw the pre-release GSM (generic) version, sim card drawer and all. The absolute earliest they thought they'd have any volume was mid to late December. Several of the 3rd party providers had units that they let me play with.

First impressions: bright keyboard with nicer touch, a very nice display, and much snappier responding CPU.

As for Palm's comments relative to the "readiness" of technology for the masses, and power user's discontent with Palm device conservatism:

Palm: Don't get too high on all that marketing science culture of the Silicon Valley. There are two edges to manage, the "leading edge" and the "pleading edge." I'd rather have people bleeding with my hardware than go to someone elses platform becuase they are tired of pleading for features.

Power Users: Keep writing letters to Palm. With the way their "rules of engagement" are right now, only MORE noise from the power user base will give them to courage to take risks that their carriers (Sprint, Cingular, etc.) will let them.

It would have been great for all of us to have had "TreoCentral" secret handshakes. I think I might have seen (heard) some of you there. It is good to know we are out there keeping the industry honest!
    keep us updated
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I quietly sat in the second row and snapped some photos of the "failed" Treo designs from Peter Skillman's presentation. They are from a 4 MPixel camera (so they are big). Does anyone want to help post them? Send me an email and I'll send the big .JPG files to you.

I saw the pre-release GSM (generic) version, sim card drawer and all. The absolute earliest they thought they'd have any volume was mid to late December. Several of the 3rd party providers had units that they let me play with.

First impressions: bright keyboard with nicer touch, a very nice display, and much snappier responding CPU.

As for Palm's comments relative to the "readiness" of technology for the masses, and power user's discontent with Palm device conservatism:

Palm: Don't get too high on all that marketing science culture of the Silicon Valley. There are two edges to manage, the "leading edge" and the "pleading edge." I'd rather have people bleeding with my hardware than go to someone elses platform becuase they are tired of pleading for features.

Power Users: Keep writing letters to Palm. With the way their "rules of engagement" are right now, only MORE noise from the power user base will give them to courage to take risks that their carriers (Sprint, Cingular, etc.) will let them.

It would have been great for all of us to have had "TreoCentral" secret handshakes. I think I might have seen (heard) some of you there. It is good to know we are out there keeping the industry honest!
    email me at wolwolkewlATyahoo.com, i'll host them
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    Just gettin' into the Hilton.
    well ihope ur not sitting alone, we are at the Hyatt. lol
    $349 sounds like a screamin' deal!
  20.    #20  
    Ha. The crowd just became a little hostile with wifi and memory during the q&a.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast