Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of the reports guys. Every little bit helps.

It sucks, though, I'm in Ohio, so no Roadshow for me. Worse, no coupon! I'm a Swing State! I deserve better...LOL!

Still, the main problem currently on my mind is to purchase a 650 or grab the 600 for a low price...

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi IamVincent! No, I attended the SF Roadshow's morning session.

Cool, Thought maybe I missed you if you blended in the with professionals... <smile>
  3.    #43  
    Ha. I hope I didn't offend anyone by my statment. It just seemed that there were more people concerned with issues that the forums had then what I percieved to more "proffesional" issues. I'm not in IT so this is merely a perception.

I'm going to go stand in the corner now.

TheHandlessKing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    For Wifi, they say it is still too new and unstable to roll out. Mentioned the integration from wifi to telephony is difficult. "Maybe" in future models.
    BLOWING SMOKE!!

I've had WiFi since 1/2000. And what about the Tungsten C that came out a year and a half ago? I have one and it works great!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Sorry I didn't meet any of you guys at the a.m. session. I didn't have wireless access in there and no idea who/what to look for anyway. I was back row left/ back to the door by habit
    I went for the coupon but enjoyed the partner access to get updates on Intellisynch, Good, et.al. I wish I had heard better news on the Blackberry Connect. That really my only option in next 6 months or so for wireless email.
    When they were going through the design process presentation I started to ask why Cobalt didn't make it on Ace. Did anyone ask that after session?
    btw- by which beach?
    Just joking Handless... I'm not an IT guy by title either; but aren't we all becoming IT guys? I mean we all probably have people around us in our businesses and/or families that rely on us for data, information, buying advice, and tech support ...

And even if I'm not an IT guy, I did stay at a Holidy Inn Express once....LOL!
    K, outside to the remaining sunshine.... Good news is that PalmOne is making progress and I believe eventually (with some polite feedback and feature requests) we'll eventually see the device that had what we want and more : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    IamVincent, were you in the AM meeting? I liked your question on the back button. I almost yelled out "if Requireless Webviewer can do it, why can't you"!!
    You mean the new browser doesn't have a back button?

In any case, since I try not to touch the screen much, I always use the backspace key to go back in Blazer in my 600.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I was at the afternoon session- it was kinda cool seeing all the treocentral people in person. Even one of the palm speakers commented how the session was turning into a "palm internet discussion group"!
    later JZ
    I want a T650 ASAP. I don't care if it's $349 or $699 or any number inbetween. Should I order through the Roadshow discount website, or wait for one to show up in a store?

Again, "in my hand" is more important than the price.

Please advise.

-jd
    I was there at the morning session also, and was very impressed. Deep down, I know that the improvements from the 600 to the 650 are relatively minor, but the device itself seemed 10x cooler. Going into the presentation, I was uncertain as to whether or not I would buy the device. I ordered the Cingular/AT&T 650 as soon as I got back to my office.
    are morning and afternoon sessions the same? What there ANYTHING different?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    You mean the new browser doesn't have a back button?

In any case, since I try not to touch the screen much, I always use the backspace key to go back in Blazer in my 600.
    You mean blazer on the 600 uses the backspace key to go back? I must be missing something...
    That's right. The backspace key works as "go back" only if the page or bookmark boxes are not highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    You mean blazer on the 600 uses the backspace key to go back? I must be missing something...
    I was at the afternoon session (in the front row, left side, just to the right of Peter, probably better described as the one with the Treo 300).

I thought that the presentation went well and am excited that they are at the stage where they are going to be coming out with multiple types of phones to fit different types of users now that they have "perfected" the general device makeup.

I am interested to see what modifications they will make to entice new types of users.

birdieman54
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    I want a T650 ASAP. I don't care if it's $349 or $699 or any number inbetween. Should I order through the Roadshow discount website, or wait for one to show up in a store?

Again, "in my hand" is more important than the price.

Please advise.

-jd

doogles, i would guess buying it from a store would get it to you quicker.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    doogles, I read (somewhere on Treocentral) that last year with the 600 roll out (which was done in a similar fashion) they issued coupons and the ppl who bought with the coupons got theirs first.!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    *cough*steve ballmer*cough*

(You who were there, know what I mean)

TheHandlessKing
    You know what's scary? I remember Steve Ballmer's phone number!!!!!!!! Should I give him a call?
    OH btw, anyone notice the funny email subjects that was on the taller older guy's (didn't catch his name) phone? LOL one was "Re: FW: Headshot" and the other was "Broadway Virgin"!

HAHHAHA can't believe they didn't clean up their Treos before showing them.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast