Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey verizon users, they just made it sound like, since the 600 was new for Verizon, it may be around for a while, I don't know if that means the 650 won't be relased for awhille or not, but it sounds that way.
    I was there too!! and I had on jeans as well but hid them well with a blk long sleeve shirt, and blk shoes.

BigUpsYo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I quietly sat in the second row and snapped some photos of the "failed" Treo designs from Peter Skillman's presentation. They are from a 4 MPixel camera (so they are big). Does anyone want to help post them? Send me an email and I'll send the big .JPG files to you.
    chankla, at the end of the presentation, they should give you a CD with the entire PowerPoint presentation on it. Along with your discount coupon. (At least that's what we got at the SF RoadShow....)
    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Hey Gigglebush...where were you sitting? I was sitting on the left side facing the podium, all the way in the back. I was wearing a brown button up and khaki's (no, it was not a fashion faux pa (sp?), why wife told me I look really nice this morning )
  5.    #25  
    "were"? You folks are gone?

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Mansouan, I was sitting on the rightside over by the window in a row with the english?/scottish? engineer who asked a couple a questions. too shy (newbish) to ask if anyone was with Treocental, but had fun.
  7.    #27  
    Alright, we were just let out of the presentation. Some interesting things that I noticed:

Apparently Palm takes a Sony styled way of executing product. The example Peter used was that Sony waited until their CD Walkman was an "icon". It was as small as a cd jewelbox, etc. That's when Sony took their CD Walkman and introduced more lines to the CD Walkman brand. Palm looks at the Treo this way, and at this point, the Treo 650 is just about a little over the "icon" stage now.

At this point, they're looking at 12-18 month product cycle for the Treos, Peter, the head engineer would like it to be more like every 6 months. But for the time being it's going to be a 12-18 month product cycle.

The Treo appears to be headed the way of the BlackBerry, in terms of popularness with the Corporate crowd. Companies like Avocent are producing clients so that IT professionals can manage their network from away the office and on their Treo. Expect the Treo to make big waves into Corporate America (and possibly political America....Blackberries are considered so popular in DC that they're called "Crackberries" there.)

I didn't get a chance to actually test the Treo 650 as I have other things scheduled today but from what I saw on the hardware and software side, it seems much much polished verses the Treo 600.

Any more thoughts people?

TheHandlessKing
    I did notice at the show this AM there are some very cool looking hard cases that I've not seen before. I assume my T600 cases will fit fine with the new T650.
    I went to the morning show and really enjoyed it, especially the candid, behind the scenes look at the prototype pictures etc...

During the Browser presentation I asked for a back button! <smile> Afterwards, when I asked about memory I was told that it was strictly a cost consideration, and that with cards you didn't need. In retrospect, I wish I had more strongly voiced my opinion and asked why did the T5 have more that the 650?

My impression: Great guys. Solid company! These are real people that will look you in the eye and talk to you. I differ with them that the 650 needs more memory but it's a really strong upgrade to the Treo600 and I will be recommending them.

BTW, I was sitting in the front left just to the right of Peter. Also appropriately under dressed in Jeans, Boots and an Untucked shirt! LOL
    Last edited by IamVincent; 10/28/2004 at 06:37 PM.
    IamVincent, were you in the AM meeting? I liked your question on the back button. I almost yelled out "if Requireless Webviewer can do it, why can't you"!!
    Yes, that was me! I didn't want to break up his flow, but I had to ask a couple questions <smile> Thinking back I wish we could have had a TreoCentral lunch afterwards. I didn't know what it was going to be like to I left my PowerBook at home, was there WIFI access in the room?

BTW: I pulled up the Treo 650 discussion page and showed some of the post headlines to Peter. I told him how awesome TreoCentral is... He smiled and said He had talked to them : )
  12.    #32  
    My only complaint:

The point of these shows are to showcase (unbelievable) new technology that will help with productivity in the field. Unfortunately, the afternoon showing that I attended turned into a glorified Treocentral gathering. There were people interupting Joe's presentation to ask totally unrelated questions, and when the Q&A portion of the show occured, all there were were questions from people that I *know* (except for about 2-3) were from TreoCentral (there were many an acusatory "Why don't you have wifi?", and I mean many. People wouldn't let it go, along with the more memory question too). There were still quite a few seats left, so I definitely can't say that TC people kicked IT people out, but the ratio of TC to IT was high.

Eh, can't complain too much, still got my coupon.

TheHandlessKing
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    IamVincent, I was in the row behind you to the right (green shirt, black jacket)

Tanster, I haven't looked at the CD yet (no CD drive in my IBM X31). Did it have the photos of the prototypes too?
    Hey, we are IT! LOL
    Sweet, I wish I had met some of you : ) How 'bout when he asked "how many work in a branch office" and I was the only one who raised my hand! Duh... LOL I guess I didn't even understand the question since my office is in another state. (Virtual Branch) <grin>

IamVincent, I was in the row behind you to the right (green shirt, black jacket)

Tanster, I haven't looked at the CD yet (no CD drive in my IBM X31). Did it have the photos of the prototypes too?

Yes it sure does!

I also enjoyed seeing the prototypes, history of Palm products, Palm's design philosophy, etc.

tanster
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Yes it sure does!

I also enjoyed seeing the prototypes, history of Palm products, Palm's design philosophy, etc.

Awesome! I didn't realize that, (haven't looked at the CD) Tanster, were you there in the morning session?
  18.    #38  
    *cough*steve ballmer*cough*

(You who were there, know what I mean)

TheHandlessKing
    I didn't see you there either! I was just sitting quietly in the center of the room with my T600 AND my Blackberry (work) sitting on the table in front of me. Nobody ever said a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Awesome! I didn't realize that, (haven't looked at the CD) Tanster, were you there in the morning session?
    Hi IamVincent! No, I attended the SF Roadshow's morning session.

tanster
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast