Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It appears that PalmOne is not including a HotSync cradle for the 650!

Does that seem kind of odd to any of you? It does to me.

Check it out:

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s...50/details.epl

in the box
    • Treo 650 smartphone
    • Lithium-ion battery
    • AC charger
    • USB HotSync® cable
    • Headset
    • Software Installation CD
    • User guide

It looks like they're going to make us buy it seperately:

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0022&cat=20018
    I can not believe they did not include it.
    Why would you need it if the 650 has bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2

Check it out:

in the box
    • Treo 650 smartphone
    • Lithium-ion battery
    • AC charger
    • USB HotSync® cable
    • Headset
    • User guide

Wasn't included with the 600. This is the norm.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Not everyone's computer has BT to sync.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjensen
    Why would you need it if the 650 has bluetooth?
    Well, I personally don't have a bluetooth enabled laptop. I know bluetooth is becoming a popular feature, but it's still only on specific kinds of laptops. My Thinkpad only has WiFi.

Mike

Check it out:

in the box
    • Treo 650 smartphone
    • Lithium-ion battery
    • AC charger
    • USB HotSync® cable
    • Headset
    • User guide

It looks like they're going to make us buy it seperately:

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0022&cat=20018
    Please read own post, #4 USB Hotsync CABLE ! Same as the T600
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzydiver
    Wasn't included with the 600. This is the norm.
    It may be the norm with a cellphone, but it's annoying with a smartphone that has to sync and charge.

I just don't understand why all the other PalmOne products have a cradle included, but the Treos don't. It's silly, and makes no real sense except to get more money from us.

(I'm not normally a PalmOne basher, but this annoys me)

Mike
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Please read own post, #4 USB Hotsync CABLE ! Same as the T600
    No, I saw that. I'm just annoyed that they can't include a cradle for the phone when they include one with all of there PDA's.

Mike
    It may be the norm with a cellphone, but it's annoying with a smartphone that has to sync and charge.

I just don't understand why all the other PalmOne products have a cradle included, but the Treos don't. It's silly, and makes no real sense except to get more money from us.

Mike
    If this is the same setup as the T600, then you can sync and charge at the same time.

Included will be a "ac/travel charger" that can be attached to the USB cable so that syncing and charging can be done simultaneously. The cable can be used without the charger connection and the charger can be used without the USB connection. Best of both worlds, IMO.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by JigSawMan
    So how do you charge your spare battery and the one installed in the 650 at the same time?
    I guess that won't be possible. (which sux!, didn't think about that) Since a spare battery is not included with the pack, P1 didn't include support for that. I am sure that a cradle that syncs and charges both the phone and the battery will eventually be available for purchase.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    I guess that won't be possible. (which sux!, didn't think about that) Since a spare battery is not included with the pack, P1 didn't include support for that. I am sure that a cradle that syncs and charges both the phone and the battery will eventually be available for purchase.

K

you would think that the spare battery would come in a bundle that included a charging cradle.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Mike
    Yes, but they have to rob you of every cent they can, it's the American Way !
    Also remember how difficult it was to get a cradle for the 600! I waited nearly 3 months while they were on backorder last time.
    The 300/270s didn't include one either...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I can not believe they did not include it.
    Do you remember a single product from Treo line that came with cradle included?
    There isn't one with the T5 either.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by JigSawMan
    So how do you charge your spare battery and the one installed in the 650 at the same time?
    Well, you're just going to have to buy a cradle to charge both at the same time. The cradle comes with a battery bay in the back.

TheHandlessKing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    Well, you're just going to have to buy a cradle to charge both at the same time. The cradle comes with a battery bay in the back.

TheHandlessKing
    You can find the charger/cradle on the P1 website
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes, but they have to rob you of every cent they can, it's the American Way !
    It's a long held American tradition. Did you already forget your last expereince at a car dealership "Would you like a steering wheel and tires with that purchase?"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast