1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have used the Treo 90 for some time, and liked it, but I'm now one my second one, and it is dying, I fear. I'm interested in getting a combination PDA/phone which uses the Palm OS, so that leads me to the Treo 600. I'm looking into a used one, but I don't understand what "locked/unlocked" means. If a phone has been used, then is it unlocked? How can I be certain that a particular Treo 600 will work with my carrier, T Mobile?
    Thanks!!!
    You either need one that is locked to T Mobile or an unlocked GMS version.
    This is a good question. I remember back to my 270 or was it my 180 and Cingular wasn't supporting it, so I bought it anyway, put in my sim card and went on the net, found the settings for internet and used it 3 months before Cingular had provisioning for it. But I had another phone that was locked to T-Mobile, I went to use my Cingular sim card in it and it didnt work. I called T-mobile and talked to them for 20 minutes and they unlocked it remotely. What is the deal with this? Won't they unlock any phone for it's customers?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    This is a good question. I remember back to my 270 or was it my 180 and Cingular wasn't supporting it, so I bought it anyway, put in my sim card and went on the net, found the settings for internet and used it 3 months before Cingular had provisioning for it. But I had another phone that was locked to T-Mobile, I went to use my Cingular sim card in it and it didnt work. I called T-mobile and talked to them for 20 minutes and they unlocked it remotely. What is the deal with this? Won't they unlock any phone for it's customers?
    I think it's a matter of getting the "right" technician when you call.