Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Not sure if anyone noticed but the Treo 650 is on Vienna Channels for the Att&Cingular and Sprint. I guess Att&Cingular will get the 650 next.

Here is the link: Vienna Channels
    Damn, and I checked that website barely 5 hours ago and it was NOT there.

GOOD CATCH!!!
    Well sort of on there. "Ship when available"
    Man... this site looks pretty ghetto. Even though palm seems to be endorsing it... it seems very thrown together... They're not even trying to make it look professional...

scary...
    Link?
    It's in the first post...
    I just noticed this too. This is awesome! I'm going to the Long Beach show tomorrow. I'm guessing that the ATT/Cingular one is going to be GSM unlocked? Or, are those two companies merging and that's why it's ATT/Cingular?
    OMG, not only that they don't have SSL (been discussed here before) they are exposed to SQL Injection (web hacking), meaning with some work even a script kiddie can get all the profiles/orders/credit cards that are stored in the MySQL DB they use to store the order details...

I'm not saying they are not legit (I know they probably are), just that they don't care about security and our personal details.

They are not getting my credit card...

Below:
    Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/viennach/public_html/events_orderbuy.php on line 236

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/viennach/public_html/events_orderbuy.php on line 237

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/viennach/public_html/events_orderbuy.php on line 247
    Isn't the ATT GSM version usually locked? I hope when they say ATT/Cingular, its the Cingular Unlocked version....
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    They are not getting my credit card...

Below:
    Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/viennach/public_html/events_orderbuy.php on line 236

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/viennach/public_html/events_orderbuy.php on line 237

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/viennach/public_html/events_orderbuy.php on line 247
    I played it safe yesterday & put Call For Credit Card Number in all of the required CC fields and filled in my phone # - gave the 'no evidence that this is a secure site' spiel in the comments box & I've heard: nuttin - nada, niente - nil.

If you look at the company's main site, they appear to be a legitimate, if rather unsophsiticated (from a web-site perspective), marketing firm. Since the site everyone is concerned about was the one given out at the roadshows by P1 and as P1's own web page refrences a way to get 50% off at the road show, it certainly does not appear to be a scam. That is not saying these guys are not messing up by not having a very secure site, just that they themselves don't appear to be pulling something.

I wonder how these guys got the gig to do promotional marketing like this. Methinks there is a P1 brother-in-law involved!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    OMG, not only that they don't have SSL (been discussed here before) they are exposed to SQL Injection (web hacking), meaning with some work even a script kiddie can get all the profiles/orders/credit cards that are stored in the MySQL DB they use to store the order details...
    So you caught the script output to STDERR when it exploded, those are just logs. Congratulations. Big deal. How do you know they are prone to SQL injection? Did you TRY subsittuting FORM elements? Are you 100% sure they don't check the POST input for possible unescaped quotes (i.e. attempts at SQL statement breakage-hacking)?

So what if they run MySQL? Some of the worlds largest sites happen to run on MySQL (or have MySQL running in the backend).
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc
    Not sure if anyone noticed but the Treo 650 is on Vienna Channels for the Att&Cingular and Sprint. I guess Att&Cingular will get the 650 next.

Here is the link: Vienna Channels
    YES! YES! YES! I checked that site all day today hoping it would change. I am going to Long Beach for sure! Thanks Mabmarc! I don't care when it is released, I am just glad it is a Roadshow option now! My trip won't be wasted.
    Yes AnthonyG, I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by oclin627
    Isn't the ATT GSM version usually locked? I hope when they say ATT/Cingular, its the Cingular Unlocked version....
    The FAQ page says the GSM phone is unlocked.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    The FAQ page says the GSM phone is unlocked.
    True, but that comment referred initially to the Treo 600 GSM units. Since they just posted the link to the 650 GSM on the website yesterday, I wouldn't feel too confident that the FAQ still holds true with respect to the 650.

It might be true, but then again, it might not be accurate any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    Man... this site looks pretty ghetto. Even though palm seems to be endorsing it... it seems very thrown together... They're not even trying to make it look professional...

scary...

I agree. This doesnt look like a PalmOne site at all. Look at the link.
    For those of you who have a Citibank credit card or debit card, you can sign online to your Citibank account and generate a temporary credit card number safe for using online. I use that feature all the time and it's great!

-M-
    I'm going to use a virtual cc number to be safe. The site is truely ghetto. P1 should be embarrased to use this company.
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    For those of you who have a Citibank credit card or debit card, you can sign online to your Citibank account and generate a temporary credit card number safe for using online. I use that feature all the time and it's great!

-M-
    This would be the first time I use this feature, if I get a chance to use it.

I'm going to the the 16th NYC show and hopefully by then they would either:

Comfirm the att/cingular is unlocked
    Have a T-mo version (doubtful)
    Have a generic gms model.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast