1.    #1  
    One of my main problems or complaints about the Treo 600 was the volume or lack of volume for the ringer. Also the vibrating ability of the phone stinks as well. If in a mall or other loud environment I could hardly hear the phone ring. Does any know if the Treo 650 has corrected either of these deficiencies?
    robert
  2. mig3298
    Quote Originally Posted by robcalvert
    One of my main problems or complaints about the Treo 600 was the volume or lack of volume for the ringer. Also the vibrating ability of the phone stinks as well. If in a mall or other loud environment I could hardly hear the phone ring. Does any know if the Treo 650 has corrected either of these deficiencies?
    Yes it has! The ringers are much louder due to the improved speaker. On top of that, the vibrate is much stronger. I have noticed a BIG difference in the sound with the new 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by mig3298
    Yes it has! The ringers are much louder due to the improved speaker. On top of that, the vibrate is much stronger. I have noticed a BIG difference in the sound with the new 650.
    Ditto!!!

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    tritto
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    qudritto!!!!

I can actually USE the ringers to identify callers... TRY RINGO It works 100% at electricpocket.com. It works with groups thje latest fix.

With the 600 the ringtones were just cool to show off bnut you couldnt use them or youd miss a call!
    Of all things, I actually wish the quietest volume setting was a little quieter! I actually pick ringtones based on their overall subtlety. It's not like I work in the icy cold vacuum of space, but the T650's ringers - in a quiet office - can actually give you a jolt (at least if you're as tightly wound as I am!).
    can you download custom ringtones for the treo 650?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Yeah, I have my ringer set down to just 2 bars, and it's still pretty darn loud. Like most people, I went through several Treo 600 units (I think I had 5 or 6 total). I found the vibrate seemed to vary slightly from unit to unit, but even the strongest one didn't always get my attention. And I could rarely hear it vibrate, which is one of the ways it should get your attention. I missed a lot of calls that way and didn't really trust it enough to turn the ringer off if I was really expecting a call. The 650 vibrates just about as I would expect a phone to. I can hear it and feel it most of the time.

Does anyone remember how strong the Treo 300 vibrate was? It was so strong people could hear it sitting across a conference room.