Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A while ago -- a few months or so -- due to a problem with Chatter, I had to completely remove it and re-install.

We it's working great now -- but only for e-mail.

Is it still possible to use Chatter for IM -- I paid for the service a long time ago.

I still have my login name and password -- just don't know where to enter it.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
    Jeff
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Go to "Console" and type "chatterclassic" at the Command prompt. Better still, find an older version to revert to!

-m
  3.    #3  
    For some reason that scares me... Will I lose the e-mail functionality as it works now?
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by beergeek
    For some reason that scares me... Will I lose the e-mail functionality as it works now?
    Nope. I had to do the same thing a while back when ChatterMail was first introduced and ever since it has worked perfectly.
  5.    #5  
    Good to know. I'll give it a try.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Go to "Console" and type "chatterclassic" at the Command prompt. Better still, find an older version to revert to!

-m
    Marc,

Why "Better Still"? Has anything been dropped between versions? Is the "tucbeach" functionality still there and working properly? Will that and "chatterclassic" be kept in ad-infinitum?
    Yes, there isn't going to be any change in that functionality. It's just that the IM functionality in the older versions is better than in current versions (due to focus on email).

Marc
    One thing that was lost in the newer versions is the "Hit Return" to send in Chatter for IM...

Don't know if that option will come back....will it Marc?
    Hmm... It went away by accident... I'll look at it.

Marc
    I have a version of chatter from last december... I too would like the latest IM only version. Anybody have it????
    Marc, I guess I'm a bit confused that if you focused on the email part, how the IM part could have gone backwards any.

What will it take for you to either split this into 2 applications, or bring the IM part up to where it was and continue to move forward?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    What will it take for you to either split this into 2 applications, or bring the IM part up to where it was and continue to move forward?
    time, this guy has done a great job as just one man developing a Killer app for Treo. I think that he's on a well deserved vacation now. I bet we see some work on the IM part in the Spring
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    time, this guy has done a great job as just one man developing a Killer app for Treo. I think that he's on a well deserved vacation now. I bet we see some work on the IM part in the Spring
    I realize time is a killer. Even when I've worked with Marc, he's been pretty constrained. The problem I have is that of ANYTHING for the T600 I've seen, this is my absolute favorite. I'd even contemplate re-learning C so that I could contribute/help. I really wanted to see the "User is Typing" functionality supported (Ok, so it was my girlfriend that really wanted it), so I got the people involved with the AIM transport for Jabber to put JEP-22 functionality in.

I'm not sure, short of "bountys", what I can do to either prod Marc along for more help (I use the word MORE because he did do alot of work on the "tucbeach" functionality I really wanted so I could start with the personal Jabber server), to spawn off the IM part into another app, or allow NDA's to be signed and others work on it with/for him. I'm not trying to deny him anything, if anything I'd like to see him sell the app, and have people be able to use whatever Jabber server they want (Public, Private, etc). I'm not trying to do this to end up selling Jabber service to anyone.

I keep hoping maybe the community will chime in that this is wanted. I'd even take over *ALL* the current chatter IM accounts and run on a server AT NO COST, as long as there was a stated future of the IM side of the app.

Tuc
    WOW, you sound dedicated!!! that's refreshing to hear
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    I really wanted to see the "User is Typing" functionality supported (Ok, so it was my girlfriend that really wanted it), so I got the people involved with the AIM transport for Jabber to put JEP-22 functionality in.
    I think the User Is Typing function would be great. Often I find myself staring at Chatter waiting to see if my 'buddy' is going to respond or whether s/he's left. With the User Is Typing I probably wouldn't waste as much time staring at the screen. I'd also like to see Chatter support logging on to multiple IM clients - eg. I want both my laptop and my Treo to both be logged in with the same AIM login. That, alone, would greatly facilitate things for me.

Dunc
    I just haven't been able to figure out what will motivate Marc, not even "bountys". So at this point the possibility of the IM side getting back up to snuff, getting "User is Typing" added, or even maybe asking for some way to see a user is idle..... Seems almost slim to none, and I think Slim left the building. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Hmm... It went away by accident... I'll look at it.

Marc
    BUMP...... Any idea if the "Hit return to send" function will be back soon.... Makes it difficult to use while driving.
    Not that anyone would write IM's while driving....
    Well, I *AM* a trained professional. I don't suggest others do this.

Its the last tiny bit I need to get working before I retire my T600 and put the T650 into use, so anxiously waiting for its return.
    well, I'd like to see non-clear text logins (digest?). Most of the open jabber servers use this. This would allow the use of the Chatter client against more servers (and independant servers).

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0078.html

and here's a link to a sha-1 library (hint.. hint...)

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/ahchan/w...CryptoLib/SHA/

...and on-line users at the top of the list again... ...I thought 'return to send' still worked?
    Last edited by jaytee; 12/11/2004 at 01:03 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast