1.    #1  
    I am not upgrading to the Treo 650. Having said that, I would like to try the new versamail and activesync software on my existing 600. I, for one, belive the osftware will work on our old treo's as the new hardware shouldnt have anything to do with the software sync.

Maybe I am wrong... any thoughts?

Either way, please post your new software .prcs for all of us whomever gets the treo first!!!
    ^^that would pose copyright issue wouldn't we?
  3.    #3  
    not if they are providing copies for "back up" purposes (i.e. those other 650 owners that may have lost their software.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    not if they are providing copies for "back up" purposes (i.e. those other 650 owners that may have lost their software.)
    If you lose the software then you've lost your treo since its installed in ram.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    I am not upgrading to the Treo 650. Having said that, I would like to try the new versamail and activesync software on my existing 600. I, for one, belive the osftware will work on our old treo's as the new hardware shouldnt have anything to do with the software sync.

Maybe I am wrong... any thoughts?

Either way, please post your new software .prcs for all of us whomever gets the treo first!!!
    Dude just buy the phone..... play with it for 14 days and then return it. There is no need to try and "bum" software off of someone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    "Dude just buy the phone..... play with it for 14 days and then return it. There is no need to try and "bum" software off of someone."
    So you'd rather him buy something he doesn't have any intention of keeping, copy the software, then return it so the store has to take the hit?

Come on, if you want the new apps, then buy it outright and use it, but don't screw over the store and palm because you think you "deserve" the new apps for free.

It's stunts like this that kill good return policies and try before you buy programs.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'll be surprised if the new software works on a T600. I would think they'd think of this same issue being talked about now.

Joe
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm really surprised by the thread overall... and I think you are forgetting what P1 said a long time ago. I don't have the exact quote, but it went along the lines of keeping both new and current smartphone models in the same class when it comes to software. I would not be surprised at all if we see a rom upgrade for the 600 that includes these new softwares. Just my 2 cents.
    Hi, I'm just opening this thread up for discussion again. Does anyone have any information on using the new 650 Versamail on the 600? I know people have raised ethical concerns around taking the 650 version of Versamail and making it available but I recall seeing many posts on this forum about the original Mail program form the Handspring 600's. There were people sharing that to those of us who have a Verizon 600 for instance and didn't get a Mail program installed by default unless we use WirelessSync.

I'd be happy to purchase the new software so that I could use ActiveSync if it worked on the 600. I don't think it's really a hardware issue per-se where the new Versamail won't work on the 600 but they may have written something into the software that says, "if this is not the 650 then cancel". Right now I have a 600 that is basically useless for getting my corporate mail. I have a laptop so WirelessSync won't work and for some reason they killed OMA.

Does anyone know if a program like Snapper has any intentions of ever making it compatible with ActiveSync.
    You can buy Versamail from Palmone. http://software.palmone.com/Platform...3&platformId=1

You cannot steal it here.
    Moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can buy Versamail from Palmone. http://software.palmone.com/Platform...3&platformId=1

You cannot steal it here.
    I'm not trying to steal it, I said I would be happy to pay for it. I need a program that supports ActiveSync on the Treo 600. I was wondering if anyone who has a 650 and a 600 got it to work on the 600 and I would happily pay Palm for it. I was also wondering if anyone had any updates on the availablility for the 600. I know it's not looking promising but if enough people complain, maybe they'll make it available.

I was also told when I bought this phone that I would be able to get my corporate email on it which right now is not the case.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    VersaMail works well on the 600 as well as the 650...The screen on the 600 sucks though and I don't know how I EVER put up with it!

andy
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    I'm not trying to steal it, I said I would be happy to pay for it. I need a program that supports ActiveSync on the Treo 600. I was wondering if anyone who has a 650 and a 600 got it to work on the 600 and I would happily pay Palm for it. I was also wondering if anyone had any updates on the availablility for the 600. I know it's not looking promising but if enough people complain, maybe they'll make it available.

I was also told when I bought this phone that I would be able to get my corporate email on it which right now is not the case.
    I included the link for the 600 version of Versamail above. As for corporate email, there are numerous choices. Have you tried Sprint BC, Seven, Sproqit, Good, and others?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    How would one go about extracting it from the ROM of the 650? I have both a 650 and a 600 and this would be something I'd be willing to try...
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    VersaMail works well on the 600 as well as the 650...The screen on the 600 sucks though and I don't know how I EVER put up with it!

andy
    The problem is, there are two versions, one that works on the 600 and one on the 650. The one for the 650 is compatible with ActiveSync, the one with the 600 is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I included the link for the 600 version of Versamail above. As for corporate email, there are numerous choices. Have you tried Sprint BC, Seven, Sproqit, Good, and others?
    Yes, I saw that, thank you. I have tried every solution possible. Sprint BC (or VZW WirelessSync in my case) won't work for me because I have a laptop that is not always on the network. The problem with Good and others is it requires my IT dept. to purchase and install new software. Since it's a Blackberry dominated company, they're not willing to invest any more money. So, I'm pretty much stuck. They have also deactivated OMA for some reason.

Thus, I'm assuming the new Versamail WOULD work on the 600 but P1 probably wrote something in there to say, "if not 650 then don't run". But I do respect licensing issues and I'm not trying to make TC a platform for illegal software swapping. I was just wondering if anyone with both devices who legally owns a copy of Versa for the 650 may have somehow tried it on the 600. If it works and there is enough demand for it, maybe P1 will release a version for the 600.