1.    #1  
    Anyone here having much success subscribing to and sync'ing podcasts to their Treo? (For those that don't know, podcasts are independant audio productions syndicated through RSS much like blog articles - check out www.ipodder.org - it's not just for iPods).

I am using Ipodder, and it seems to get the files well enough. But I am manually copying them to my Treo every morning. I was hoping that there was some application out there to sync - like Audible does, and like the Mac iPod does.

There is some really great content being sent out - there is even one cast being produced only using a Treo 600.
    What Podcasts do you listen to? I got an engadget podcast today, and love it. I'm interested in expanding my library.
    Go here: http://podcasts.engadget.com/entry/8895804146957771/ I think it will automate much of the process.
  4.    #4  
    I subscribe to a bunch using Doppler:

openpodcast.org is interesting - people submit their casts via email...
    geeknewscentral.com is sometimes informative

there are a lot of them out there, and the list keeps growing everyday. that's why openpodcast.org is kind of cool because they usually send a copy there as well... so you can pick up a bunch

The new version of Doppler is supposed to create playlists in Microsoft Media. I have created a custom playlist there that is supposed to only show me the new stuff... did not work very well with iPodder, so we'll see.
    Cool. I'm still feeling my way through all this stuff. My goal is to get a few podcasts and a few recorded shows from ReplayRadio.
  6.    #6  
    I love Replay Radio. It's great not only for capturing streaming radio but also sounds in general played from web sites etc. Don't know if you are a Sean Hannity fan or not, but if you are catch his stream at http://play.rbn.com/?url=abcradiog2/....rm&proto=rtsp. It's the only stream I have found so far that plays dead air between segments (rather than music or commercials) so if you set RR to kill dead air after x seconds, you get nothing but show.
    I presently have RR to record overnight NPR streams from their 24 hour channel. I will have to see how it works tomorrow.

Jeez, between RR, podcasting, and BeyondTV (www.snapstream.com) I think I have realized the convergence dream!! Woohoo!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I have tried to download the MP3 directly to my Treo but it just causes a reset