1.    #1  
    I used CardExport 2 to read the card. I then dragged a few songs over to various folders on the card and Ptunes didn't see any of them. Am I doing something wrong?
    I believe pTunes looks in the "Audio" directory (and all of its sub-directories)
  3.    #3  
    Which one is the Audio directory? I put a song in every folder and still no good.
    Using "FileZ" (check http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml for the download) on the Treo, you will see that the root directory on the card has the following subdirectories:

AUDIO
    DCIM
    PALM

and maybe others based on your usage. For example, I have a MIDI directory for exports from NotePad music notation software.
    BTW, what file types are you using? And, what version of pTunes do you have? The basic (free) version does not support all types. May be limited to mp3.
  6.    #6  
    Ok after downloading Ptunes and WMP 10 again. I can get WMP to sync with Ptunes. After I did that I did notice a new folder called "Audio" with songs in it that I just sync'd with. BUT, Ptunes still doesn't see it.