Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was so excited about the 650's news since the rumor started few months ago. Now, i am dissapointed that after all this hype, Palm has done it again and didnt make the product (all variations and types) availble right away.

In fact, it seems that it will be months before an unlocked GSM is available anywhere! What kind of a strategy is that! I am seriously considering the new Nokia communicator 9300!
    Not so true. Supposely GSM models will be available through the discount/coupon from the roadshow conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by whajj
    I was so excited about the 650's news since the rumor started few months ago. Now, i am dissapointed that after all this hype, Palm has done it again and didnt make the product (all variations and types) availble right away.

In fact, it seems that it will be months before an unlocked GSM is available anywhere! What kind of a strategy is that! I am seriously considering the new Nokia communicator 9300!

The gentlemen at PalmOne have recently revealed, in a candid interview, that Sprint's Treo sales drive nearly half of all Treos in the market today. Given that sort of leverage, Sprint was able to force the issue of sole brand reseller of the Treo through the holidays. Alas, this is the nature of commerce
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    BssinRVer-- or anyone else: are you or anyone else attending any of the road shows? If so, i would love it if someone can buy an unlocked GSM version on my behalf. i can even pay a small premium. Let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by whajj

The Nokia Communicator was anounced years before it became widely available !
    I remember seeing the Nokia Communicator in the movie "The Saint" in 1997 (probably an earlier version but its not exactly a new design)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    I remember seeing the Nokia Communicator in the movie "The Saint" in 1997 (probably an earlier version but its not exactly a new design)
    Yes, and nobody in IL was supporting the phone ! Thought it was just like the MPX, VaporWare...