1.    #1  
    Ok guys:
    I am looking for software to 1) play movies and 2) convert movies. I need to be able to convert any movie file type to whatever will play on a Treo, and play well at that. Let me know what I should get. I hear Kinoma and MMPlayer are good. Let me know. What program converts well?
    Check out treocentrals own article on this:
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/448-1.htm
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I like MMplayer and if you dont want to waste a lot of time, just get Pocket DVD studio for Palm. I do tech support and I still have problems with the manual version of converting. Good Luck
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I fully agree with Darlene. MM Player and Pocket DVD are the way to go. Very easy to install and use and great final result on the Treo 600. i use it all the time. i find it is great for shorter clips like sports highlights, stand-up comedy and home movie scenes rather that watching a complete 2 hour movie.

bruce in Belle Harbor
    MMPLAYER and PocketDVD work great. I concur.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I use PocketDVD and MMplayer also, and I have a question: what settings are you using on both? My movies come out good but MMplayer often freezes up during playback and restarts the movies. Any help would be appreciated.
    are the movies worth the time it takes to do that? is it very impressive?
    can someone post a vid in the rez that plays on the treo?
    mmplayer has some sample videos that you can try:
    http://www.mmplayer.com/download.php

at the bottom, you want the 160x120 ones.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granth
    are the movies worth the time it takes to do that? is it very impressive?
    I have a pc at work that is used for training...often not being used. I setup PocketDVD, put in a DVD and let it go. It was great when I was on a plane recently and didnt want to watch the movie they were showing. I was able to watch an entire movie during the flight and my battery still have about 60% available.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I like to use Dr. divx to do most of my encoding, but virtual dub also works with the Divx codec. Use DVDShrink to to rip the DVD and then use Dr Divx. That way you can save your movie on your harddrive and make one for your palm.