1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Like all of you, I've been monitoring Treo 650 very closely and been everything about it. This will be my first Treo. currently I have sony NX70V, Sprint SCP5400 and Sidekick I. I want to consolidate. I was initially thinking about upgrading to Sidecick II, but after I read about the Treo 650 I changed my mind.

My question for you, I use my internet often on my Sidecick, so internet speed is very important to me. Which is better in your opinion, Treo 650 CDMA or GPS, as I mentioned, most important to me is the Internet connection. Who has faster internet from your experience in Treo 600 (T-Mobile or SprintPCS)?.
    Thanks
    that would be treo attws with their EDGE
    am not too familiar with sprintvision
    PCS vision is A LOT faster than current T-mobile, and is about the same speed as EDGE
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Theoretically, EDGE is faster. In real life, they are probably the same. Remember, you can receive calls while connected to GPRS/EDGE. With CDMA 1xRTT, calls go to voicemail. That's a big thing in my opinion.

Joe
  5.    #5  
    Great, thank you very much for making it clear. Vision it's.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    . Remember, you can receive calls while connected to GPRS/EDGE. With CDMA 1xRTT, calls go to voicemail. That's a big thing in my opinion.

Joe
    that is when the GPRS inactive, when GPRS is VERY active and transfering data, calls will go to voicemail as well
    In theory, GSM phones can multitask in this way. But the Treo 600 can't, and I've seen nothing to indocate the 650 is any different..

There is however, one big difference: Sprint's $15 all you can surf Vision plan. I don't think any other provider comes close.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.