1.    #1  
    How One Hot Product
    Helped Resuscitate
    A Troubled Company

By PUI-WING TAM
    Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
    October 27, 2004; Page B1

Aiming to boost its lineup of wireless products, palmOne Inc. last year bought fellow hand-held-computer maker Handspring Inc. But the marriage looked doomed from the start.
    [snip - KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 10/27/2004 at 02:21 PM.
    By end of 05:
    1. (good) consumer treo: multimedia functions for youth

2: (best) high end business treo: enhanced web surfing and email for business

2/3 of 70 mil budget to smartphones.

Ed colligan met / at&t chief operations officer

att is showcasing treo and traing how to use and sell it.
    i don't get it?
    Can someone post it? Please...
    yea, please post the full article
    TIA
    yea, i read it its a nice article, but seems to say the 650 is available now....i have no idea where that is?
    How One Hot Product
    Helped Resuscitate
    A Troubled Company

By PUI-WING TAM
    Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
    October 27, 2004; Page B1

Aiming to boost its lineup of wireless products, palmOne Inc. last year bought fellow hand-held-computer maker Handspring Inc. But the marriage looked doomed from the start.

SNIP - JB
    Last edited by JudBaird; 10/27/2004 at 03:11 PM.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    You realize that the initial post HAD the whole article and TreoCentral cut it down on purpose to avoid copyright problems?

Giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    You realize that the initial post HAD the whole article and TreoCentral cut it down on purpose to avoid copyright problems?

Giggle.
    Actually, I didn't, though I did wonder what "Snip - KR" meant...

Thanks for the info - will edit accordingly.
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    That last quote in the WSJ article sews it up for all the non-geek, forum stalking nuts like us:

"But Mr. Davis was impressed by the wireless e-mail capability and compact size of the Treo. He has since purchased 70 Treos for Webcor managers, with plans to buy 30 or 35 more by year's end. "Compared with the Treo, the old Palms just don't compare," Mr. Davis says. "Just not having to carry a separate mobile phone and hand-held computer is huge."

I guess I just need to swallow my razor's-edge attitude and get ready to shell out another $599.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That last quote in the WSJ article sews it up for all the non-geek, forum stalking nuts like us:

"But Mr. Davis was impressed by the wireless e-mail capability and compact size of the Treo. He has since purchased 70 Treos for Webcor managers, with plans to buy 30 or 35 more by year's end. "Compared with the Treo, the old Palms just don't compare," Mr. Davis says. "Just not having to carry a separate mobile phone and hand-held computer is huge."

I guess I just need to swallow my razor's-edge attitude and get ready to shell out another $599.
    No more i550 for you?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    my previous post summarizes the article

hengeem seems like WSJ disagrees w/ u, treo did save palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    No more i550 for you?
    That's right. I'll have six months under my belt with the Treo 650 before the i550 surfaces.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    That's right. I'll have six months under my belt with the Treo 650 before the i550 surfaces.
    lol that's true
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!