Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that we now know we can get the T650 for $349.00 (link), let's see just how cheap we can get the T650. Being that my Sprint contract exp. in Nov. How can I get the most out of them (SPCS) on a renewal deal? Looking for ideas?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Now that we now know we can get the T650 for $349.00 (link), let's see just how cheap we can get the T650. Being that my Sprint contract exp. in Nov. How can I get the most out of them (SPCS) on a renewal deal? Looking for ideas?
    Depends on how long you've had your current phone. If its 18 months or longer, you'll get $150 rebate. If its 15-16 months you can talk to Sprint sales reps, and I've heard some deals where people don't deactivate their old phone in the system, and still get the 18-month phone rebate. Renewing the contract WILL NOT earn you any credit from Sprint as of right now.

So best case scenario is you can get the phone for 349-150 = $199
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Depends on how long you've had your current phone.
    I have a T600 that I've had for a year now.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Depends on how long you've had your current phone. If its 18 months or longer, you'll get $150 rebate. If its 15-16 months you can talk to Sprint sales reps, and I've heard some deals where people don't deactivate their old phone in the system, and still get the 18-month phone rebate. Renewing the contract WILL NOT earn you any credit from Sprint as of right now.

So best case scenario is you can get the phone for 349-150 = $199
    i thought the $349 price was if you attended the event, only. from there how would you get it to sprint to get the $150 rebate? sorry if this is a dumb question... i'm not gonna be at any roadshow but i would like to get the best deal possible on upgrading. i'm ok on the 'over 18 months' side.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    How does that work? I thought if you bought through P1 you got it for $349, and if you bought through sprint it would be $599 - $150. How do you combine them?
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    that's what i was wondering
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    How does that work? I thought if you bought through P1 you got it for $349, and if you bought through sprint it would be $599 - $150. How do you combine them?
    Real-ity:

I don't think you can combine them. As posted many places here, the $349 is only if you attend the road show, get the discount coupon at the end of the show, AND buy from Palm One. The $150 is only if you have been on contract for 18 consecutive months with Sprint since signing your most recent contract -- AND you can only buy the phone from a Sprint Store. I just received an email from Sprint notifying me that I can use the $150 discount if I purchase a phone "at a Sprint PCS store" ONLY, since I've had my most recent contract for 18 months.
    that sounds more correct to me
    whoa. How can you get it from palm for $350 (link someone?) I've got a t300 over 18months old. So I figured I'd get it $600 from Sprint - $150 (upgrade rebate) = $450

Oh also you can get -$30 for ordering online at sprint, so total = $420

PLease clue me in if I can get a better deal!

Thanks,
    Jeff

*edit*
    Whoops I see from above that you can only get the $150 rebate from a Sprint store, bringing my total back to $450. Doh!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I thought what I had read from Treocentral's "Direct from palmOne" article is states: "Customers who have been with Sprint for more than 18 months will also be offered this $150 credit toward a Treo 650 "

That doesn't say you had your current phone for 18 months.
    Actually, the $349.00 roadshow special isn't quite a purchase from palm one. Not directly at least. The company handling that it a firm that specializes in promoting tech stuff to potential big purchasors. They do promotions, demo programs, sales and the like. The idea is to get the product into the hands of decision makers who could generate more sales for the underlying company.

For example, I am the head of a large trade organization, and both could decide to purchase the device for my employees as well as influence the membership on what product to get. That is the target type of market the promotion company is looking for.

So what you are doing is buying from the promotions company that has a deal worked out with P1. It could be faster than waiting for Sprint or P1 to have the phone available or could be longer, just depending on the deal they have worked out.
    I believe you should be able to combine both deals. The $150 upgrade is something coming from sprint that most likely requires a new/longer contract. I am sure that if you threaten to cancel they will give you the $150 credit
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    Sprint doesn't care who you purchase the phone from for the $150 rebate. It's call equipment upgrade and its for you to be able to upgrade every 18 months according to them. I.e. you can combine both offers. You can buy a phone for $1 dollar and still get $150 rebate.
    Just got off the phone with Sprint they said the $150 credit is on a phone upgrade and you must have had the phone for at least 18 months (they dont care how long u have had a plan nor how long you have been a customer) and that the CREDIT is only on the phone if PURCHASED from Sprint, and it is a REBATE not instant credit. It will take 6-8 weeks to get the credit. So You CANNOT combine the roadshow credit with this credit.
    sprint will credit your account the 150 bucks so it is possible to get both promo offers. I think if you sign up for a 2 year deal you get 199 off but I'm not 100 on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    I believe you should be able to combine both deals. The $150 upgrade is something coming from sprint that most likely requires a new/longer contract. I am sure that if you threaten to cancel they will give you the $150 credit
    You are correct. If you tell retention that you need a new phone, and have been offered a free-be from another carrier ( be able to recite the plan and phone model number) than they will credit you a couple hundred bucks. They gave me $200 for a two year extension. It was a service credit that was credited the next day.

IMO this is not dishonest or unethical. You are stating the facts and letting them react.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by jancelet
    CREDIT is only on the phone if PURCHASED from Sprint, and it is a REBATE not instant credit. It will take 6-8 weeks to get the credit. So You CANNOT combine the roadshow credit with this credit.
    HUH? When I spoke to them the sales guy told me that the only thing that'd prevent me from getting a rebate is if I had recieved that rebate from them already. They check ECNs only to ensure that the new phone is currently operationl on your plan. I need to call them again about this.
    hmm. . .reminds me, I should give retention a call. . . I haven't been under contract since january and I should take advantage of that before I buy a new phone.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

If you are new subscriber like me, they will give you $10 off /month on the contract length. So I can buy the phone from thsi promotion and then take $10 off per month which is $120 or $240 benefit depending on the contract length. Not too bad.
    im a new customer to sprint, if i buy at treo roadshow will i still be able to get the new customer discount?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast