Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'd love one, but am not within 1000 miles of a RoadShow. Let me know if you'd be willing to get one for a Sprint 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99
    I'd love one, but am not within 1000 miles of a RoadShow. Let me know if you'd be willing to get one for a Sprint 650.
    I love this idea, we should keep an active thread like this one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60330

and if everyone who participates in a road show could post their coupon, like the one below - we could see the benefits of some true team work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yeah, hook us up! You still need to register for the show, however (the coupon said the name is matched against your registration email), but it's free. As long as there are a surplus of coupons, we should be able to use them, right? I would go to one if it was within 500 miles of where I live. I can't believe there's no road show in atlanta.
    Thats exactly the strategy i'm employing. I've registered for the DC show even though i live in LA, hoping that since my e-mail is on the registration list, if i can get the coupon like someone posted for SF - i might just be able to make it work. i opted for the DC registration since it is the last one, and maybe there will be a prayer of an unlocked GSM unit by then... prayer...

maybe a little kniving, but i figure if they are going to offer the deal - they are prepared to make good on it!
    You may only need the coupon code. If so, just register and use the code for that event.

Will this work for the T650 or just the T600?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Read somewhere you have to physically appear and sign in with a conforming email to get the coupon. Sort of like a "secret handshake."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    This is beginning to remind me of the "Code" deal for T300 repeat customers when the Treo 600 was first released. No time before the code was for sale on E-bay.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It's not going to work guys. You actually have to physically appear and fill out a special form for the coupon to work for you. They check lists of attendees.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    This is beginning to remind me of the "Code" deal for T300 repeat customers when the Treo 600 was first released. No time before the code was for sale on E-bay.
    That's where I got the code for my T600!!
    Saved me $200 bucks!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    It's not going to work guys. You actually have to physically appear and fill out a special form for the coupon to work for you. They check lists of attendees.
    What's the worst that could happen if we try?... No seriously could they do anything?
    They can't do anything, you'll just get a polite response saying your order was cancelled. A number of people on these boards have already gotten those. Search for it, its somewhere in another thread.

I'm just trying to save you some time folks.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    What's the worst that could happen if we try?... No seriously could they do anything?
    The worst is they arrest you for fraudulently attempting to take advantage of an attendee-only discount...

However, what actually happens is you get an email that says you never attended and your order will be automatically cancelled.
    You are wasting your time.

You must ATTEND the Roadshow to get the discount.

Registering alone (or in conjunction with the coupon) won't get you anywhere.

This is the only way to "cheat" (i.e., get the discount without attending):

1. Have someone else register using your email
    2. Have that person attend
    3. Use the coupon they get, or get the coupon info on here.

Of course, that person would not get one.
    well, it sounds like a dead end road - but there is really no harm in trying. i mean when someone tells you a door is locked, you'd be in ***** not to try the knob yourself. i'm perfectly content spending 2 minutes filling out an order form for a 50% discount only to recieve a cancelation e-mail - at least i would know definitively for myself it didn't work.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    You are wasting your time.

You must ATTEND the Roadshow to get the discount.

Registering alone (or in conjunction with the coupon) won't get you anywhere.

This is the only way to "cheat" (i.e., get the discount without attending):

1. Have someone else register using your email
    2. Have that person attend
    3. Use the coupon they get, or get the coupon info on here.

Of course, that person would not get one.
    That's why I was posting this thread, thinking there might be someone who was going and

a) didn't want a Sprint 650, or
    b) was taking a friend that didn't want a Sprint 650, and
    c) wasn't adverse to a bribe.

If so, this thread would be a list of those in need, and an exchange of emails could take place, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99
    That's why I was posting this thread, thinking there might be someone who was going and

a) didn't want a Sprint 650, or
    b) was taking a friend that didn't want a Sprint 650, and
    c) wasn't adverse to a bribe.

If so, this thread would be a list of those in need, and an exchange of emails could take place, etc...
    Sounds good. And of course there will be a "BONE" thrown at them for doing this. Scratch my back & I'll scratch yours.

Anyone wanting to do this, just send me a message.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    If I can not get a GSM 650, I would get the Sprint Phone and sell it to someone here. I hate selling on Ebay but would probably get more money for it on Ebay.