Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    From what I've been told, the show is designed to attract corporate decision makers to the Treo platform for wireless email. Some folks here sound like hungry vultures attending a time share presentation to get a round of golf for free. If you go, at least be interested in the topic at hand!
    I already have been promoting the Treo as a wireless email client at work to the people who (should) care; As the mail server maintainer, my position is that a handheld that uses standardized protocols is ideal, and as a Treo owner, my position is this is that platform.

    It bothers me, though, that unlike the affinity deal offered to 300 owners when the 600 happened, none is being offered this time. I have to drag my *** to DC (4 hours away) to do this.
  2. #22  
    I'd like the coupon but frankly to spend an hour driving to Long Beach, 3 hours in a seminar, and another hour driving back for a $150 coupon just isn't worth it to me.

    I'll buy the thing for sure, but I get calls almost nightly inviting me to timeshare presentations where I would get coupons for roughly the same amount.

    Life is too short.
  3. #23  
    haha. That is funny. Cuz that is the ONLY reason I am going. What could be better than getting a Treo for $349?????????
  4. #24  
    When I was at the morning session of the SFO road show, the room was only half full. There were approximately 120 seats set up, and aside from the fact all the pastries were gone fifteen minutes into the session, there were no shortage of seats.
  5. #25  
    You definately need to sign up here: https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I'll buy the thing for sure, but I get calls almost nightly inviting me to timeshare presentations where I would get coupons for roughly the same amount.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You definately need to sign up here: https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx
    Thanks, been meaning to do that!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

    Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  7. #27  
    wait, you guys just went on a whim? i got an invite saying seminars are free for palmone's biggest customers...
    but dont let me fool you- i want a 50% off coupon just as much as the next guy, although i already have a treo, i'm hoping that it will cover a 650, which may not be provided to me in the near future...
    oh yea, and i also need to talk with mobile email vendors
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I'd like the coupon but frankly to spend an hour driving to Long Beach, 3 hours in a seminar, and another hour driving back for a $150 coupon just isn't worth it to me.
    What about a $250 coupon? ($600 - $350 = $250)
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  9. #29  
    Considering that most TC ppl will buy a 650 and tell all their friends about it... I think P1 can manage to have some of us there
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You definately need to sign up here: https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx
    Already did and they still call. That is a hoax.
  11. #31  
    I went from getting 5-10 calls per week for years (not counting the ones I wasn't home to answer) to virtually zero. It's absolutely not a hoax. HOWEVER the law states that if you had done business with the people before they CAN call you until you tell them to stop ... maybe you've chased a few weekend feeebies ??? I'd reregister if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Already did and they still call. That is a hoax.
  12. #32  
    I have gone to 1 or 2 of these things but the companies that are calling are other companies, plus I routinely get calls from credit card companies.
  13. #33  
    Tell them to stop calling you. Keep records of who you told to stop and when, if they continue calling you can get money from them.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    Considering that most TC ppl will buy a 650 and tell all their friends about it... I think P1 can manage to have some of us there
    Good point. The Treo user community online is huge. It has to be a pretty influential group.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  15. #35  
    I have to admit, at first when I read this, I saw your point but I said...hey! But I want to go too!

    Now that I've gone to a Roadshow, I see where you're coming from. The point of these shows are to showcase (unbelievable) new technology that will help with productivity in the field. Unfortunately, the afternoon showing that I attended turned into a glorified Treocentral gathering. There were people interupting Joe's presentation to ask totally unrelated questions, and when the Q&A portion of the show occured, all there were were questions from people that I *know* (except for about 2-3) were from TreoCentral (there were many an acusatory "Why don't you have wifi?", and I mean many. People wouldn't let it go, along with the more memory question too). There were still quite a few seats left, so I definitely can't say that TC people kicked IT people out, but the ratio of TC to IT was high.

    Eh, can't complain too much, still got my coupon.

    TheHandlessKing


    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    I'm gonna get flamed for this I'm sure, but please don't just attend the Treo Road Show just because of the coupon.

    From what I've been told, the show is designed to attract corporate decision makers to the Treo platform for wireless email. Some folks here sound like hungry vultures attending a time share presentation to get a round of golf for free. If you go, at least be interested in the topic at hand!

    Every seat taken means one less seat that is available for someone that might actually be interested in deploying Treo smartphones in an enterprise. It's not just a presentation about the Treo 650... it's about wireless applications.

    I know the temptation is to go, sit for 3 hrs and then grab your coupon and run. The coupon is pretty attractive, but it should not be the only reason to go.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    I have to admit, at first when I read this, I saw your point but I said...hey! But I want to go too!

    Now that I've gone to a Roadshow, I see where you're coming from. The point of these shows are to showcase (unbelievable) new technology that will help with productivity in the field. Unfortunately, the afternoon showing that I attended turned into a glorified Treocentral gathering. There were people interupting Joe's presentation to ask totally unrelated questions, and when the Q&A portion of the show occured, all there were were questions from people that I *know* (except for about 2-3) were from TreoCentral (there were many an acusatory "Why don't you have wifi?", and I mean many. People wouldn't let it go, along with the more memory question too). There were still quite a few seats left, so I definitely can't say that TC people kicked IT people out, but the ratio of TC to IT was high.

    Eh, can't complain too much, still got my coupon.

    TheHandlessKing
    Just out of curiousity, what kinds of questions were being asked by the people that you perceived as non-TreoCentral people? And, what kinds of questions do you think were unasked/unanswered due to the "unrelated" questions?

    I am definitely going to want to hear about the RAM and wi-fi situation, although I have no intention of asking questions myself.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions