1.    #1  
    ..of the Treo 600.

My apologies if this has been posted already. I got the link in a company e-mail today and thought it was interesting.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2273

Tibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    ..of the Treo 600.

My apologies if this has been posted already. I got the link in a company e-mail today and thought it was interesting.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2273

Tibby

Tough cookies for Palm. It is evolutionary.

Revolutionary would have been:

1 GB RAM

BT 1.2

Wi-fi a/b/g

3 MP camera

Fully voice and video enabled; tags, recording etc.

50% lighter, 50% thinner

10x faster

No antenna stub

Multi-tasking OS

It's is evolutionary:

BT 1.1 - Four years old, with known problems (this is actually de-evolutionary)

Hi-res screen - I liked it many years ago when Sony did it...now it's a given.

23MB RAM - Pathetic and embarrasing. The "SD card option" does not negate this at all; so now I HAVE to use a memory card instead of the SDIO device I choose (ex. GPS, etc.)

Heavier, by about 7% - This makes a difference in your pocket; again, de-evolutionary.

(sigh) I guess we will see if the next one is better a year from now...
    (but all said, I will still get one for three reasons; replaceable battery, speed and BT for syncing)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Tough cookies for Palm. It is evolutionary.

Revolutionary would have been:

1 GB RAM

BT 1.2

Wi-fi a/b/g

3 MP camera

Fully voice and video enabled; tags, recording etc.

50% lighter, 50% thinner

10x faster

No antenna stub

Multi-tasking OS

It's is evolutionary:

BT 1.1 - Four years old, with known problems (this is actually de-evolutionary)

Hi-res screen - I liked it many years ago when Sony did it...now it's a given.

23MB RAM - Pathetic and embarrasing. The "SD card option" does not negate this at all; so now I HAVE to use a memory card instead of the SDIO device I choose (ex. GPS, etc.)

Heavier, by about 7% - This makes a difference in your pocket; again, de-evolutionary.

(sigh) I guess we will see if the next one is better a year from now...
    (but all said, I will still get one for three reasons; replaceable battery, speed and BT for syncing)
    If those are your requirements for "revolutionary" (all of which could be done today) I'm afraid we won't see you until 2007, and the then current market will be capable of:

4 GB RAM

Flexible (roll out?) 800x600 OLED screen

BT 2.0

Wi-fi a/b/g

5 MP camera

Size of CURRENT Samsung i500

Pentium III level performance
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I get upset when a company knowingly continues to sell a device with problems. PalmOne has admitted to some of the flaws in the 600 (read the interview on the main page). I guess I'll just have to live with it...as Palm1 will have to live with the assesment of their latest device.
    Good Article.

That's what happens when P1 has both a Wife(Anything other than Sprint) and a Mistress(Sprint) Wife know abouts the infidelity with Mistress.

P1 continues to tell the Wife your are beautifull(Tre600) while turns around and tells Mistress(Sprint) no you are(Treo650). It is the hope that Sprint will continued to have many childrens(Bit crippled thought due to lack of BT functionality)

And you the consumer will just have to feed the family. AGAIN!

Nice relationships.
    hum... what are you smoking haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by pierreb
    Good Article.

That's what happens when P1 has both a Wife(Anything other than Sprint) and a Mistress(Sprint) Wife know abouts the infidelity with Mistress.

P1 continues to tell the Wife your are beautifull(Tre600) while turns around and tells Mistress(Sprint) no you are(Treo650). It is the hope that Sprint will continued to have many childrens(Bit crippled thought due to lack of BT functionality)

And you the consumer will just have to feed the family. AGAIN!

Nice relationships.
    Maybe he can get the wife and mistress to get it on!

Seriously though... WTF?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    revolutionary is samsung's 5 megapixel camera phone.

dell's 624 mhz processor axium with 128 mb ram and 320 x 480 or so hi rez screen.

wifi included.

that is revolutionary.

palmone's treo 650 is for sure a gorgeous convergence device - let's make that perfectly clear, so as not to come down too hard on palmone.

but p1 MUST realize that the treo 650 is an incremental enhancement to the treo 600.

its by no means revolutionary.

now if it had ev-do, mobitv, 64 - 128 mb flash ram, bluetooth, 2 - 3 megapixel camera, 320 x 320 or 480 with landscape horizontal viewing screen,

THEN palmone, you would have had without question the best convergence device - THE one device you would go to for everything - THE object of ALL envy. WHY?

here's the drum roll...

because you'd be combining all the best features of the rival pocket pc with palm os devices - to produce a unit that would be the center of the wireless world - seriously.

your treo 650 will do well enough I am sure, but if you want to pull metaphorical david ortiz game winner of a marketing move to put yourself ahead of your competitors - this is your holy grail

choice is yours
    I gotta have more cowbell