Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    well i'm 10 minutes walking, i wasnt even thinking of waking up till 7:30
    For those of you who are planning to show up an hour early to grab an onsite-signup spot (like me), I thought I'd provide a quick guide to your neighborhood early-morning cafe options. (Since I doubt there will be much going on at the Ritz Carlton at that hour ...)

If you want a bagel (er, squagel), head two blocks east to 20th and M, where you'll find a Cosi restaurant-cafe. A good place to relax, though their coffee can be abysmal. There's an Au Bon Pain at 19th and M, which is less pleasant but perhaps more familar for some.
    If you just want your Starbucks fix, there's a brand shiny new one at 22nd and K; from the hotel, go one block southwest on New Hampshire Ave and one block south on 22nd. While you're there, you can look across the street and marvel at the leveled block that was the former GW Hospital, currently the focus of an unimaginably intense developer bidding war.

All these places are on the path of my daily walk to work. ^_^

(And if you have a free hour or two after the show, head 1/2 block south from Starbucks to Pennyslvania Ave, and follow it SE to the White House, less than a mile away! Or walk a few blocks NE from the hotel along New Hampshire Ave to Dupont Circle, the center of DC's cafe culture.)

Cheers!
    --Ilya
  3.    #143  
    Thanks Ilya!

Will you be attending the sessions? My main concern is not getting lost. lol, I printed off directions and hope I don't take a wrong turn as I often do in DC.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    C yall there. pm session
    I'll be there in the morning - look for the man with one red shoe (just kidding about the shoe).
    Assuming there's still space available, I'll be there for the AM session. I'll be the guy with anomalous hair.
    well, i missed my flight. I will be late to the show. Probaly @3pm or so. How bad will that screw up my regestration?
    Last edited by smileyboy; 11/18/2004 at 07:46 AM.
    shouldn't be a problem. i'm at the am session and there's a table out front to get your badge.
    Last edited by satyric; 11/18/2004 at 11:55 AM.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Just imed GeekyMom. She asked one of the peps at the desk. it will be ok.
    Just placed the order with the coupon. I'm sure they have to manually check against the listing of who showed up/filled out the survey, so i don't expect an email stating shipment/delivery times until maybe Monday.

I was in a tan shirt, black pants in the back on the right (near the water pitchers...) Greg (the VP Tech) was pretty forthright about a lot of questions regarding bluetooth/wifi, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I will see u all there. $100 plane ticket from Denver and a $80 hotel. i'll be in town wed. yeah can't wait.
    You sure aren't saving much
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by murph71
    My Wife went to the NY roadshow so I am hoping the coupon code is the same.
    I doubt it but hopefully someone will post it here soon....
    FYI:

* The badges are not spread out on a table to be picked up (by whomever). You give your name to one of the pa1mOne reps, they give you your badge.
    * They specifically mentioned that the coupons are non-transferrable, and even mentioned the eBay-ing of coupons.
    * You have to fill out a survey to get the coupon, i.e., you hand it to a rep and they hand you the coupon.
    * The rep said that they will match the e-mails on the surveys to the orders.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    I'll post it, though I'm pretty sure it would only work with someone they have a record of attending one of the shows. I walked out to the table outside at one point and asked if they had the coupons, they asked if I had to leave early. Basically, the survey isn't required, they just mark you off when you pick up your badge. The code was "palmmobile".

I did get a confirmation email right away:

"Thank you for your palmOne Mobile Solutions Roadshow purchase. Listed below for your records is a brief summary of your order number and products purchased.

We will contact you within five business days regarding the expected shipment and delivery of your purchase. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ship date. Please refer to your order number below in all correspondence regarding this order. All sales are final. No returns on purchased units.

Confirmation of Order Number 11XX
    Order Date: November 18, 2004
    Item Quantity Product
    1 1 TREO 650 Sprint PCS

palmOne Demo Services Team
    Contact via email at jeff.marinangel@viennachannels.com"
    As far as the App vendors, the most impressive to me was the Avocent guy, for adminsentinel and mobilesentinel. The mobilesentinel product (the one that allowed you to remotely update/change/manage a fleet of treos) was kind of scary actually, but I'm sure key to a fleet deploy.

The adminsentinel was exactly what I would need, letting me manage Windows services etc. through a whole remote interface with triple DES, etc.
    Please pickup badge

Bill Quevedo
    Quote Originally Posted by skvngrx
    As far as the App vendors, the most impressive to me was the Avocent guy, for adminsentinel and mobilesentinel. The mobilesentinel product (the one that allowed you to remotely update/change/manage a fleet of treos) was kind of scary actually, but I'm sure key to a fleet deploy.

The adminsentinel was exactly what I would need, letting me manage Windows services etc. through a whole remote interface with triple DES, etc.
    I totally agree, based on talking with the vendors at the back of the room before the preso (which hasn't started yet. I really appreciate the provided WiFi, and so does my PowerBook)

Adminsentinel is exactly the kind of thing I want to do with my Treo 650 (I've done some work via SSH on my 300 but it's too slow and painful to be practical) The one-to-one demo I got on a 600* was quick enough very capable (although Windows centric whereas I primarily support UNIX-en)

*600 Demo of AdminSentinel - The rep had a "pre-production" GSM 650 that kept re-setting when he tried to connect to GPRS. He complained that it was so much easier to use and better looking on the 650 but to me it looked/worked fine on the 600
    Quote Originally Posted by murph71
    If that is the case, is there anything preventing other TC'ers to pick up a badge for those who registered but can't make it?
    I guess that it might be worth a shot, but it would look a little odd...

"Name, please?"

"Sure, George Bush, Colin Powell, and Don Rumsfeld"
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    I guess that it might be worth a shot, but it would look a little odd...

"Name, please?"

"Sure, George Bush, Colin Powell, and Don Rumsfeld"
    Funny.

Maybe one BG, one Donald R, etc.....
    I'm here!! Have on grey Northface scully and 4x hoodie... Greg sharai is speaking
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast