Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Anybody from Philly going to the afternoon session?
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Just out of curiosity, parking will be available at the Ritz, right?
    According to the webpage,
    SUGGESTED TRANSPORTATION
    If you require transportation assistance, or if you have other personal requests, please call Concierge Services at (202) 835-0500
    PARKING

* Valet Parking
    * Self Parking

They don't list prices however. DC is not known for cheap parking. Plus traffic, if you don't know the area, can cause a pounding headache. :-) Be very familiar with how to use a traffic circle (lean on your horn and cut everyone else off).

I was thinking of going to Ballston Mall to park as well. I used to work down the road from there, and miss shopping in the mall, so can do that on the way back. I'm in the afternoon session, so I'll probably grab a hot dog from a push cart vender outside of Foggy Bottom on my way.
    So I wonder after Thursday's DC roadshow, how long will it take to actually receive the 650. We will be contending with the fact that theres a backup of orders from all the other roadshows.

From seeing the different order #'s, i would estimate there will be able 1,000 650's pending when we're able to order on Thursday. Hopefully Palm will give them the necessary shipment to fulfill everyones order in a timely fashion.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    So I wonder after Thursday's DC roadshow, how long will it take to actually receive the 650. We will be contending with the fact that theres a backup of orders from all the other roadshows.

From seeing the different order #'s, i would estimate there will be able 1,000 650's pending when we're able to order on Thursday. Hopefully Palm will give them the necessary shipment to fulfill everyones order in a timely fashion.
    My sentiments exactly.

At this point I am ready to buy at Sprint if they release first and cancel my P1 order if need be. This whole wait thing is just too torturing.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Can't wait...registered for the afternoon session.

we should get a TC group picture...:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    Rick, I'd recommend you park at Ballston Mall (parking fee is pretty cheap and the mall is well trafficked so less chance of someone breaking into your car).
    FYI another option is the Pentagon City Mall, on the Blue Line which takes you to Foggy Bottom.

http://www.simon.com/mall/mall_info.aspx?ID=157
    http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/Stati...cfm?station=44
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    I'm wondering when the coupon will expire.... I hope it's still not 11/30. I don't even get paid until then!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmcnelly
    I'm coming from West Point, VA which is just east of Richmond.

ATL = Atlanta?

--Rick

Yes Atlanta. Well hopefully I will see you there in the afternoon.
    Looks like a huge % of the crowd will be TC people... should be fun
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    FYI another option is the Pentagon City Mall, on the Blue Line which takes you to Foggy Bottom.

http://www.simon.com/mall/mall_info.aspx?ID=157
    http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/Stati...cfm?station=44
    Thanks for the info, I'm kicking around all the options at this point.

--Rick
    I'll add a "TC" to my nametag too.

I look forward to meeting fellow members of the TC community!
    I'll be driving up from Raleigh, NC Thursday morning to catch the afternoon session. I'm posting from the local PUG meeting right now where several of us are lusting for the the 650...
    Awwww my Mama got a Sticky Post lol. Go GeekyMom!
    I wish i could attend a roadshow. Why not an Atlanta one. I always need and excuse to go to Atlanta~
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I'll be making the twenty minute trip from my house -- by bicycle...
    I am so jealous :-(
    Once when I was a young and sharp Best Buy Salesman I went to a MS road show type event and got MS office 2000 for $Free.99
    My mom let me leave school early to attend, those were the days. I digress though sorry.....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I'll be there as well...I'd say this roadshow is going to have a big showing. Should help make future Palm events happen in DC...
    That is what credit cards are for, and they don't charge you until it shipps which may be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    I'm wondering when the coupon will expire.... I hope it's still not 11/30. I don't even get paid until then!
    You are life savers. I was convinced this was Friday! Maybe I can change my registration to the morning session...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner
    That is what credit cards are for, and they don't charge you until it shipps which may be a while.
    No CC.... no cash at the moment (at least not for this). Oh well.......

And a number of people have holds on their credit cards even when they aren't shipping for a while.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    I'm in the afternoon session, so I'll probably grab a hot dog from a push cart vender outside of Foggy Bottom on my way.
    Cart? Don't you mean the Salmonella Sedan?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone