Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    please just hope they continue this promotion all the way till the DC show
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Thanx a mil geekmom for the heads-up on the DC trip.
    I guess I'll have to change my name to treo650kings.
    Holla at me during the afternoon sessions...
    Will do! Well unless the discounts are discountinued before the Show gets to DC, then I have a feeling my schedule (as well as others) will not allow such an excursion.

Either way it goes, there are some interesting Smartphones coming out and I plan to select one in the near future. Palmone if you're lurking, keep those coupons coming! What's the point of stopping it, the majority of your business clients probably don't even know of or frequent this board/or care enough to come to the Show since their company buys the phone for them. But then I could be wrong... -lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    please just hope they continue this promotion all the way till the DC show
    I would think pa1mOne has planned for X number of attendees at each roadshow on the schedule and X number of these "golden tickets" to match the potential headcount. From reading other posts on this topic, you only get the ticket if you actually attend the roadshow, just registering wont cut it.

These roadshow events are targeting enterprise level customers, a group that pa1mOne clearly has its sights on for the Treo 650. Discontinuing this promotion prior to D.C., the seat of government and many large enterprises would certainly be foolhardy for pa1mOne.

I hope
    I'll be there, or at least I'll try to be. I don't go into DC much so I guess I'll be leaving my house mighty early to try and find this place and get a parking spot.
    See you all at the morning session.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I'll be there, or at least I'll try to be. I don't go into DC much so I guess I'll be leaving my house mighty early to try and find this place and get a parking spot.
    See you all at the morning session.

There is no parking. No need to get there too early. If you get lucky there are metered spots on 22/23/24th street, however they are limited to 2 hours and they enforce them pretty heavily.

Your cheapest place to park, besides feeding a meter, would be an open parking lot, right on M street and 22nd, one block from the hotel. (kinda funny, one of the most expensive hotels in DC overlooks a run down Exxon gas station and an open parking lot...and people still pay $400 + a night..) Commuters use it, but most dont come to work until 900am so if you arrive around 700-730 you should be able to beat them to it. There are plenty of other lots around, you just have to look for the best deal, some will close to monthly customers only.
    It's also only a few blocks from the Foggy Bottom-GWU metro stop.

http://www.stationmasters.com/System.../foggybot.html
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    It's also only a few blocks from the Foggy Bottom-GWU metro stop.

http://www.stationmasters.com/System.../foggybot.html
    Your best bet would be to Metro in and walk.

Man I wish I was in DC right now. It's literally a 5 min walk from my house
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I'll be there for the morning session. I work at the corner of 13th and I, so I'll just take the Metro a couple stops...

Hotel Information

I may get my 650 beforehand, but I should be there either way.
    Thanks for the information.
    I'm considering taking the metro.
    For someone who's only taken the metro once or twice to RFK can someone give me an idea how early I should get to the New Carrollton Station in order to get there at a reasonable time (not late)?
    Also, am I wrong in thinking I can take the Orange line from New Carrollton all the way to Foggy Bottom?
    Thanks from a Metro/DC newb.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Thanks for the information.
    I'm considering taking the metro.
    For someone who's only taken the metro once or twice to RFK can someone give me an idea how early I should get to the New Carrollton Station in order to get there at a reasonable time (not late)?
    Also, am I wrong in thinking I can take the Orange line from New Carrollton all the way to Foggy Bottom?
    Thanks from a Metro/DC newb.
    Hum, I"m not far from both New Carrolton and Landover, maybe I should catch it too. Does anyone know if you have to change trains. -LOL, that might be a dealbreaker for me.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    [QUOTE=GeekyMom]It's amazing what a lil financial incentive will do to change one's mind. For $349, I think the 650 is a now good prospect!

Are you saying those who attend the tradeshow can purchase a Treo 650 for $350? Also, must one be a CEO or IT person to attend? TIA, ojleblanc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Hum, I"m not far from both New Carrolton and Landover, maybe I should catch it too. Does anyone know if you have to change trains. -LOL, that might be a dealbreaker for me.
    LOL

You take the train to the Foggy Bottom station. It'll take about 30-45 mins. No transferring required!

I know the Metro backwards and forwards (When I was a kid I used to want to be a train operator... I still kinda do )
    what is the closet airport? I will be arriving wed evening.
    For Metro information go to www.wmata.com from there you can select which station you will be starting at and ending and will tell you all you ever wanted to know.

Closest Airport is Reagan National Airport which is also on the metro line

I myself work in Foggy Bottom, so just gonna walk right over to Treo world
    Reagan National is probably the closest airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    LOL

You take the train to the Foggy Bottom station. It'll take about 30-45 mins. No transferring required!

I know the Metro backwards and forwards (When I was a kid I used to want to be a train operator... I still kinda do )
    Hey Jaggrey... if I took the metro I would be coming from Shady Grove... how close to the hotel is the nearest metro stop?

I'm mostly likely going to just drive all the way there... but if the metro was close enough, I might reconsider.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc
    Are you saying those who attend the tradeshow can purchase a Treo 650 for $350? Also, must one be a CEO or IT person to attend? TIA, ojleblanc.
    Yes, there are reportedly coupons handed out to registered attentees at the end of the Road show that they can use to get the new 650 for $350. No, you do not have to be a big wig.

Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1
    For Metro information go to www.wmata.com from there you can select which station you will be starting at and ending and will tell you all you ever wanted to know.

Closest Airport is Reagan National Airport which is also on the metro line

I myself work in Foggy Bottom, so just gonna walk right over to Treo world
    Just how far away is the hotel from Foggy Bottom metro station? I am driving up from VA Beach, and will likely park my car at the Springfield/Franconia metro station parking structure, and catch the Blue line to Foggy Bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Yes, there are reportedly coupons handed out to registered attentees at the end of the Road show that they can use to get the new 650 for $350. No, you do not have to be a big wig.
    no you dont have to be, but palm would like you to be.

i was actually sent the invitation, b4 techxpo in ny, by palm one and posted such.

No, i'm not a big wig, but am a v
    "valued" customer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    Hey Jaggrey... if I took the metro I would be coming from Shady Grove... how close to the hotel is the nearest metro stop?

I'm mostly likely going to just drive all the way there... but if the metro was close enough, I might reconsider.
    You could take the Red Line to Metro Center and transfer to the Orange/Blue line goin in the direction of Vienna (orange) or Franconia Springfield (blue) and get off in 3 stops at Foggy Bottom.

Or you could get off at Dupont Circle (red line), South side exit, and walk about half a mile straight down New Hampshire Ave until you hit M Street, then make a right and it'll be on the next block on your left hand side.

Wow I'm a nerd.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast