Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yes if you have the $5.00 option with sprint to roam for free you can certainly talk on the metro with a sprint phone...I do all the time with my Treo 600 and soon to be 650!
    1. I'm registered for the morning session. But I don't IM. Hopefully I can still run into a few of you. Name tag will be Bob Meyer

2. you can roam on the subway even without the $5.00 option. It just costs you on a per call basis.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'm heading for the AM session. This will be my 1st smartphone should I be convinced to buy it. Anyone doing 2nd session? Could be different, esp if they address questions brought up by the 1st session.
    Thank you all for the replies on Sprint access in the Metro - now I can get excited about the 650! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for TC folks in the AM session.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Thank you all for the replies on Sprint access in the Metro - now I can get excited about the 650! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for TC folks in the AM session.
    Wouldn't IM'ing them be better?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Wouldn't IM'ing them be better?
    Yes it would, but unfortunately that would necessitate bringing my desktop PC and a v-e-r-y long Ethernet cable. I'll be able to join you modern-day folks once I get my 650.
    Yes it would, but unfortunately that would necessitate bringing my desktop PC and a v-e-r-y long Ethernet cable. I'll be able to join you modern-day folks once I get my 650.
    LOL

Perhaps we could put a "TC" on our name tags.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    I'm heading for the AM session. This will be my 1st smartphone should I be convinced to buy it. Anyone doing 2nd session? Could be different, esp if they address questions brought up by the 1st session.
    Since i don't see anyone else has volunteered in this thread, let me be the first! If you attend and decide against purchasing, let me know! I would love to take a $350 Sprint T650 off your hands...
    Im registered for the morning an afternoon right now.

Im trying to con one of the guys I work with into blowing off the day and driving down to DC with me. I'd feel retarded for driving all the way down by myself...
    i'll be at the DC one...
    I hope to be at the DC one too. I am registered. I have Verichat and my aim is smileyi540i. hpoe to see all you there. flying out from Denver
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    NP, with the Treo 600 series you will soon be up and going!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm registered for the afternoon session. Would only have to take 3 hours off work instead of 6 since I start work early in the morning.

Bob, maybe we should look into motorcycle parking in the area! At any rate, there is free motorcycle parking at metro stations.

I just put my regular name on the tag, but I can always bring a marker and put in my Nighthawk700 as well.
    nighthawk:

I have parking in the building I work at downtown. I'll probably just park there and metro over to the Radisson.

I like the idea of writing a "TC" on the name tag with a marker. Discreet, and we won't have to try to remember anyone's name or user name.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I will be at the morning session in DC. Name is J. David and I'll have a "TC" next to it.

Luckily I live in Foggy Bottom, so I can just walk right over to the event.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    .Luckily I live in Foggy Bottom, so I can just walk right over to the event.
    Lucky you, I'll have to commute in from the burgs and park (fun). I'll have "TC" on my tag too!

Being self-employed, I would lose more money taking the day off than I would save in getting the discounted 650. It's not worth it to me.
    How can you put a price on meeting all of us TC-ers, though?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I will be there! The 650 for $349! Now that price is worth upgrading!
    Thanx a mil geekmom for the heads-up on the DC trip.
    I guess I'll have to change my name to treo650kings.
    Holla at me during the afternoon sessions...
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast