Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    My order number is in the low 1100s
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    believe the problem is confined to accessories that rely on the connector. palmOne rep basically said that they had to change the design of the connector - which kills all of the 600 accessories that utilized the connector. other accessories such as headphones and probably cases should work.

Quote Originally Posted by adalal
    Is it true that all accessories for the 650 will be different than the previous versions of the treo? I forgot to ask that today.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Biggest shock of the day for me: getting my thumbs on the keypad. I'd had my doubts about the new design, but what the pictures don't convey is how buttery the keypress action is. Within about two seconds of typing I was a convert. I mean, I was already sold on the 650 based on the screen resolution, but the keypad puts it over the top.
    Even the new GSM bulge, which I don't like visually, was redeemed a bit: the main presenter guy (whose name I don't recall, but he said TC posters had referred to him as "the thin old guy," so who am I to break tradition?) told me that users had complained about the no-bulge 600 feeling awkward against the ear. And sure enough, it *was* easier to position the 650 for talking. So, not much left to complain about!
    I picked up my badge and went and got a coupon - BUT I LOST IT!!!

Can anyone who went to the DC show tell me what the coupon code is for ordering?

I'm so scattered. poor me. but thanks in advance.
    I enjoyed the show as well. I could see that some of the people were getting a little tired, (The PM session was their last session of the Roadshow). Despite the fact that they had to cover up some future workings, it was nice to hear things straight from them. I did get about a minute of hands on time with a 650. I'm going to order one, but I'm not sure at this point if I will keep it or not. The new features I like are the HiRes, and the Keyboard. I really don't know if it's enough to justify the extra cost though. The only two apps that I think I'd take advantage of the HiRes are RescoViewer (to show off my 15 month old) and Datebook5, for the icons. If I decide not to keep it, I'm sure I can find a buyer.

I may just wait for the next Treo to come out. Someone asked in the afternoon session about the specs for the Treo 700. Greg looked a little shocked. While pointing out he couldn't be specific about any development efforts, he did outline general future strategies.

Sounds like there were more TC people in the morning session. I actually showed up early, about 12:10, hoping to run into you, but you all had already cleared out.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebeancurd
    I picked up my badge and went and got a coupon - BUT I LOST IT!!!

Can anyone who went to the DC show tell me what the coupon code is for ordering?

I'm so scattered. poor me. but thanks in advance.
    palmmobile, IIRC.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Nighthawk:

Like you, I had doubts about whether the 650 was worth the cost to upgrade. The answer for me would be 'no' at the full price. But at $350 I was very tempted. Then I got to type on the thing, and I'm sold. I still wouldn't pay $600 for one, but at $350, less about $250 - 300 from selling my old one on ebay, I'm a convert.

That keyboard is wonderful. (P.S. Sorry I missed you. I was at the morning show.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Nighthawk:

Like you, I had doubts about whether the 650 was worth the cost to upgrade. The answer for me would be 'no' at the full price. But at $350 I was very tempted. Then I got to type on the thing, and I'm sold. I still wouldn't pay $600 for one, but at $350, less about $250 - 300 from selling my old one on ebay, I'm a convert.

That keyboard is wonderful. (P.S. Sorry I missed you. I was at the morning show.)
    I agree. The reduced price makes this a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhygadon
    Biggest shock of the day for me: getting my thumbs on the keypad. I'd had my doubts about the new design, but what the pictures don't convey is how buttery the keypress action is. Within about two seconds of typing I was a convert.
    The keypad impressed me immensely also... both the feel, and the backlighting.

The tall thin guy was Joe Fabris
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    The keypad impressed me immensely also... both the feel, and the backlighting.

The tall thin guy was Joe Fabris
    And I have his cell phone # if anyone needs it
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin922
    And I have his cell phone # if anyone needs it
    I think we all do... I saw a lot of furious writing when it was up. His and Greg Shirai's too.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Quote Originally Posted by satyric
    I think we all do... I saw a lot of furious writing when it was up. His and Greg Shirai's too.
    If I actually had service (verizon) in there I was contemplating calling or sending him an SMS while he was doing his thing.. hehe
    Somewhat ironic, it's a telecomm project. Are the presentations & Q+A posted somewhere? I don't imagine they'd be public.
    I also understand that one had to be there to get the sweet deal on a new 650, but if there's a way to do it without having been there I would go through whatever hoops. I was registered for the AM session.

This board's been very helpful regarding which smartphone I need. Sounds like the PPC is a very capable device, but the Treo is a better fit for my needs.

thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Think you had to be there. The way it was setup, you couldn't just walk up and pick up your badge. When I arrived, a young lady greeted me and asked if I had pre-registered. She asked for my name and then dug up my badge and marked something. At the end I turned in my survey and she handed me the coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    Somewhat ironic, it's a telecomm project. Are the presentations & Q+A posted somewhere? I don't imagine they'd be public.
    I also understand that one had to be there to get the sweet deal on a new 650, but if there's a way to do it without having been there I would go through whatever hoops. I was registered for the AM session.

This board's been very helpful regarding which smartphone I need. Sounds like the PPC is a very capable device, but the Treo is a better fit for my needs.

thanks in advance!
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  15.    #195  
    I finally ordered my 650 yesterday right before 2:00 pm and was told I would be sent a confirmation. I still have not received anything. What gives?

Does anyone know who I should contact? I emailed dude this afternoon from Viennachannels but have not received a reply.

Thanks

Mellanese
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I finally ordered my 650 yesterday right before 2:00 pm and was told I would be sent a confirmation. I still have not received anything. What gives?

Does anyone know who I should contact? I emailed dude this afternoon from Viennachannels but have not received a reply.

Thanks

Mellanese
    You should receive an email confirmation by early/middle of next week. Hopefully, the units will ship this week as well.

Keith
  17.    #197  
    Hey Keith.

Thanks for the message, I was feeling a little panicky.

Just got an email from Jeff of Viennachannels:

"We have your order recorded in our system. We will be back in touch with you this week wtih an update. We are waiting for 650 inventory to arrive from palmOne and will likely ship within the next 2-3 weeks.

Jeff
    "

I'm probably the last one to order considering my order number is in the 1200's. -lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Hey Keith.

Thanks for the message, I was feeling a little panicky.

Just got an email from Jeff of Viennachannels:

"We have your order recorded in our system. We will be back in touch with you this week wtih an update. We are waiting for 650 inventory to arrive from palmOne and will likely ship within the next 2-3 weeks.

Jeff
    "

I'm probably the last one to order considering my order number is in the 1200's. -lol

Darn, that's depressing. I was at the DC show as well. My number is also in the 1200's. I was hoping the orders from Viennachannels would ship as the same time as P1 early this week. I guess we have to wait
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910