1.    #1  
    First time treo Buyer. Will begetting 650 from Sprint when they ship. I started researching SD cards. Has anyone have any recommendations, cheapest, fastest? I was looking at Sandisk Ultra or Lexar. 1Gb enough? For data, video, etc. Thanks.
    I have a Lexar 1GB, and 3 Sandisk 512MB's. All work great on my 600, but I prefer the Lexar most of all. I use all four cards on my 600, my Dell Axim X3i as well as my Nikon digital camera.
    Why do you prefer the Lexar? Is it just the size? I'm in the same boat. I'm buying a Treo 650 from Sprint when available. I've never owned anything that takes an SD card. Closest thing I've had is the Sony Memory Stick in my camrea and a no name key ring flash drive. Are there any features I should look for?
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    I have a Lexar 1GB, and 3 Sandisk 512MB's. All work great on my 600, but I prefer the Lexar most of all. I use all four cards on my 600, my Dell Axim X3i as well as my Nikon digital camera.
    Do the "Ultra" or "32x" cards provide noticeably/meaningfully improved speed, or are the regular-speed cards fast enough for Treo purposes?
    I have a 256MB SanDisk SD Card which I've been very happy with. I don't know the differences with SD cards, but I was considering purchasing a 1 GB card seeing how they've come down drastically in price. Since the SanDisk and the Lexar are so similar in price, I wanted to know what you experts thought about quality/speed/experience wise about these cards.
    It looks like Panasonic (originator of SD?) has a high speed card coming out:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...12&cont_id=799

It apparently will support of transfer speed of 20MB/s. Does anyone know what transfer rate the SDIO port on the Treo 650 supports?
    I'm bumping this thread up, hoping someone will answer davidwsica's question.
    Thanks.
    I'm hoping the Treo 600 and 650 will work with the 2gb sandisk card , and are not limited to just 2gb.

A 4gb SD card would make a great mini-ipod replacement!

This would allow most of my apps,videos,photos, mp3s and gps maps to be stored on the Treo on one card, and leave some spare space for use as a file store.
    Last edited by Cyril; 10/27/2004 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril
    I'm hoping the Treo 600 and 650 will work with the 2gb sandisk card are not limited to just 2gb.

A 4gb SD card would make a great mini-ipod replacement!

This would allow most of my apps,videos,photos, mp3s and gps maps to be stored on the Treo on one card, and leave some spare space for use as a file store.
    SD cards are a max of 1GB at this time. A 2GB Sandisk sd will be out in the near future.
    At the roadshow, Peter mentioned that the Treo 650 will support up to 1GB SD cards. Now that may have been because that's all that are currently available, but it could be an imposed limit as well.