Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan
    Did I miss something? I went to the afternoon session at the Hyatt, and I was told it was cancelled. There were just a bunch of people standing around ...
    Well then I guess you did miss something. It was in Union Station... connected to the hotel through a tunnel. Thanks for the free Dr. Pepper and snacks, PalmOne. Just placed my order for the 650.

I was wearing a blue dress shirt and dark gray slacks. There were TC people in front of me and behind me.
    Just got home and made my order; #446. Any new word on when the ATT/Cingular GSM might be shipping from this offer? It looks to me that Palm people have been listening to users. Improvments looking good. New screen resolution and camera impressive. Time well spent and they even had hot tea.
    For anyone purchasing the 650 for $349, will Sprint give you the $150 rebate on top of that when you activate the phone too, provided you have been a customer for 18 months? Thanks.
    I think they will. The $349 is a no-activation price.
    neil rosser? they tried to call u during the show today and u were not there, what gives?

Ordered 3 today . . .
    for me - I went to the morning show, asked the Qs about adobe PDF and Ringers being soo quiet on 650. sitting in the back. I actually had a digital cam hoping to get pic to post on front of TC, but too shy and too interested in talking w/ P1 after show.

my wife and mother went to afternoon show.
    just got back from the dallas show too. just put my order in..i am with sprint...now i don' t know what to do with my 600 when it comes in...what are you guys doing with yours...ebay..sell to a friend?....can it be "unlocked" and used on at&t network?

great presentations...i think the new 650 is going to be like getting a new cadillac after enjoying one after a year!

glad to hear sprint is going to be able to get them out so soon
    wow... I had no idea so many TC folks were in the room with me. Wish we would of had a way to meet each other (TC gathering post event).
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by TDHOGGS
    just got back from the dallas show too. just put my order in..i am with sprint...now i don' t know what to do with my 600 when it comes in...what are you guys doing with yours...ebay..sell to a friend?....can it be "unlocked" and used on at&t network?
    The Sprint and Verizon models are CDMA and don't work on the GSM networks (where the 600s are "Locked" to a particular carrier).
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Went to the afternoon show, order #427. I loved how they danced around the WiFi question. Kinda like we know what's best for you. How dare you ask.........

That Good solution seem pretty useful. Anyone familiar with it?
    Good is very cool, but very pricey... I think Seven (would writes the software for Sprint's Business connection) makes the best feature/price point solution.
    Roger
    Awesome. OU is an evil empire.
    Quick question....when ordering the phone through vienna channels with the coupon. Do they charge your CC immediately? Or upon shipping the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Quick question....when ordering the phone through vienna channels with the coupon. Do they charge your CC immediately? Or upon shipping the phone?
    Your credit card purchase will not be processed until your order ship date.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    neil rosser? they tried to call u during the show today and u were not there, what gives?

Ordered 3 today . . .
    for me - I went to the morning show, asked the Qs about adobe PDF and Ringers being soo quiet on 650. sitting in the back. I actually had a digital cam hoping to get pic to post on front of TC, but too shy and too interested in talking w/ P1 after show.

my wife and mother went to afternoon show.

Hmnn... did you have a Sony digital cam strapped to your belt? If so I was sitting right behind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    nice dual post Chaffin...(I know you're not posting via a Treo, so what's up with that?)
    T3 to Nokia 6820 via BlueTooth. The browser seemed locked, so I posted again not realizing that the first post went through. Sorry about the double post...

I also accidentally logged in with an account that I forget I registered over a year ago, so I guess I revealed my secret identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Went to the afternoon show, order #427. I loved how they danced around the WiFi question. Kinda like we know what's best for you. How dare you ask.........

That Good solution seem pretty useful. Anyone familiar with it?
    Order #426 - right before you! (Now to sell my Treo 600 before the price drops too low - trick will be to sell it around the time the 650 comes...)

I was in product development for a couple of companies. I think I understand their thinking. I think what PalmOne is trying to say is that they probably did consider the WiFi - but found that (1) Users would have complained about power consumption issues; and (2) Users would have complained about the increased price-point. There probably wasn't a Wi-Fi solution that they could cram into the case at this point that would meet either of the above two issues.

Our company uses the Good solution with Treo 600's for connectivity, as well as Bluetooth...I haven't had a chance to use it except for seeing the demo. From all accounts, you pretty much get all Outlook functionality on your Treo - connected to your company's Exchange server.

- venture
    Our company uses the Good solution with Treo 600's for connectivity, as well as Bluetooth...I haven't had a chance to use it except for seeing the demo. From all accounts, you pretty much get all Outlook functionality on your Treo - connected to your company's Exchange server.

- venture
    Oops. I meant to say "Blackberry" not "Bluetooth".

- venture
    Did anyone meet Jeff Marinangel at the morning session? He's the one running the program at viennachannels.
    So did you guys have to sign in or fill anything out? How do they know you were there?
    There is a survey w/ contact info at the end
    Roger
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast