Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Just received the e-mail about 5 min. ago. I placed my order the night of the Long Beach show... Order #234

The e-mail I received today was addressed to "Demo customers"
    Thanks, I feel silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    Holy cow! Could it be true!? The GSM's are on their way! Here's an e-mail I just received from vienna channels:

Thank you for your Treo 650 Cingular/ATT model. This smart device is unlocked and will operate on other GSM networks such as T-Mobile as well.

Your order is confirmed and will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne. We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week and will keep you updated on status.

Jeff Marinangel

Vienna Channels Evalexpress

palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show Demo Program
    I smell a Rat. Come on Sparky, are you serious?
    rbright... geez, have things gotten that bad that you don't believe me? Well, it's true... here's a screenshot of the e-mail. That's about all I can do at this point though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    rbright... geez, have things gotten that bad that you don't believe me? Well, it's true... here's a screenshot of the e-mail. That's about all I can do at this point though...
    Ok Sparky, that appears to be the best news on this site in days.

Did you order a "demo" model for trial use, or did you order a "new" model for purchase?
    i got the same email about 20 minutes ago.. i also noticed that it was addresed to "Demo Customers" (in the To: field of the email).

i purchased a "new" model rather than order a demo model.. we'll see how this turns out.. exciting!
    I honestly can't believe more people aren't reporting getting this e-mail. Anywho, I ordered a "new" Treo 650.
    It seems odd that those who ordered the GSM model are getting replies before the CDMA models. Also, that they are sending "unlocked" models that can be used on T-Mobile.

Has anyone checked the validity of the person who sent the email, the email address, etc? Still sounds a little fishy, but I am not mistrusting you, Sparky, just the sender of the email.

If it is true, then this is really SUPER news.
    HEY! You can't get the GSM models first!
    Haven't received any email yet, but I did order the CDMA version, and the email seems to pertain to GSM owners.
    I can say that my order confirmation after the show came from orders@viennachannels.com but was signed by Jeff Marinangel and his e-mail address was provided.

I really don't get it. Maybe it's just the whole craziness of the show, the website... who knows! I think I did see that someone else got an e-mail from him too earlier in this thread.
    I got the same email from Jeff, regarding the GSM 650 maybe in by within a week?

Lets hope its true...
    Well that's good news oclin627. I thought I was just being completed scammed for a minute there. phew!
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    Haven't received any email yet, but I did order the CDMA version, and the email seems to pertain to GSM owners.
    I ordered the CDMA 650 on the 28th and got the original confirmation email from Jeff. Nothing else since. Since Sprint is supposed to get them first I find it odd that anyone would get a GSM first.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    This is the eMail I got yesterday regarding the CDMA model

<<Yes we have your order and will handle the sale as soon as inventory arrives to fulfill your order. No word yet as to when the product will arrive.>>
    Last edited by IamVincent; 11/02/2004 at 04:32 PM.
    Maybe it was a goof and they shouldn't have sent the e-mail out. Which would be just a horrible goof to make... they're all just toyin' with us...

I guess nothing more to do until the next e-mail comes with a tracking number...
    Hey, I'll be happy for anyone who received theirs... CDMA or GSM.
    I received the same email.
    Hello all, I've been a visitor for awhile, but just registered so I could pass along my email I received from Jeff. I had to email Jeff to cancel an order my husband accidently made (he didn't know I already ordered my treo 650). So I emailed Jeff to cancel one order, and then asked by the way any word yet? He replied:
    "We are waiting for the inventory from palmOne and hope to ship within the next week to 10 days. I will cancel order 336. Jeff" He emailed me back right away, very responsive. I have order number 231 out there, just waiting....
    Forget to mention, it is the Sprint 650 I ordered.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast