Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    First of all, this roadshow is put on by Palmone through ViennaChannel aimed at businesses. It doesn't make sense that it's a scam. Why would they screw the very people they are trying to get this phone out to?
    Secondly, they stated that it will be new units, they can't give you a used unit.
    Third, it's $250 less than the phone is reportadly going to sell elsewhere, if it really is going to get shipped that much later than Palmone or other retail vendors and I care I can just buy it from there, then when I get the unit from the roadshow ebay it and make my money (probably more) back.
    This is 100% the correct analysis.

There is no reason to believe that Roadshow purchases will be faster than carrier purchases. In fact, there is reason to think otherwise, especially for those later in the cue. The presenter at the Roadshow said that those purchasing through the Roadshow would get their 650s on a "first come, first served" basis. That said, those who attended the SF show and have sub-100 order number stand a good chance of getting their order fairly quickly (although perhaps after the first SPCS orders are received). It's harder to say when orders in the 400, 500, and 600 ranges will be shipped.

That said, you can always just sell the $349 Roadshow 650 after you get your earlier-shipped 650 and make back the bucks.
    There's also no reason to think that it will be slower for roadshow attendees than through carriers either. I assume Vienna will get their shipments from Palmone, not SprintPCS et.al. SprintPCS is a large population of stores and channels that will be dividing up initial shipments. The roadshow is supposed to be a leveraged event that should on average drive greater future "enterprise" sales. Let's say first shipments to SprintPCS total 10,000 units and they divy those among 2,000 stores. The odds of getting hold of one of those are probably less than getting one of the population of 3-500 shipped in initiall shipment to Vienna/Ingram.
  3.    #123  
    Not to mention that the purpose of the Vienna distribution is to "prime the pump" for enterprise sales. They expected us geek types to show up. We're the early adopters. I can't tell you how many 600s I sold to people, seriously, probably 6-7. We are one of the best ways to get the phone out and visible. Plus our fanaticism helps create the buzz they're hoping for.
    Has anyone recieved their 650 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Has anyone recieved their 650 yet?
    Oh brother.
    Please ingore all my post SV.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Please ingore all my post SV.
    I mostly do already.

Some, however, simply require commentary.
    It's five business days from the date of order on my Sprint T650. The last day for Palm to contact me letting me know if my order has been cancelled, accepted, whatever.

I seriously doubt I will hear anything today.

As a sidenote, I finallly did get my letter from Palm regarding "the inconvenience for my needed repairs" on my T600. In my case that meant six replacement phones and hours spent exchanging them, all for the network error/battery issue. Hey Palm, instead of a free car charger for a phone you're going to discontinue, how about a legitimate discount on the new model you're trying to build customer confidence in after all the screw-ups? I know the time and aggravation I spent changing those phones out easily comes to the Roadshow discount amount even at $6/hr. (and i make a little more than that.) And don't make me jump through hoops to get it. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    It's five business days from the date of order on my Sprint T650. The last day for Palm to contact me letting me know if my order has been cancelled, accepted, whatever.

I seriously doubt I will hear anything today.

As a sidenote, I finallly did get my letter from Palm regarding "the inconvenience for my needed repairs" on my T600. In my case that meant six replacement phones and hours spent exchanging them, all for the network error/battery issue. Hey Palm, instead of a free car charger for a phone you're going to discontinue, how about a legitimate discount on the new model you're trying to build customer confidence in after all the screw-ups? I know the time and aggravation I spent changing those phones out easily comes to the Roadshow discount amount even at $6/hr. (and i make a little more than that.) And don't make me jump through hoops to get it. Just a thought.
    I received the same letter. But they still want me pay shipping and tax for my "Free" item.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Hi all,

I attended the Long Beach roadshow last Thursday, and put my order in (for a Treo 600 Verizon) upon returning home that evening.

Today (Tuesday) I received email confirmation that my order was processed and my Treo was being shipped out today.

That was three business days after I made the order.

I am very pleased with both the speed and the professionalism of Vienna Channels. I spoke to Jeff Marinangel on the phone a little while ago and he was extremely helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaso1975
    Hi all,

I attended the Long Beach roadshow last Thursday, and put my order in (for a Treo 600 Verizon) upon returning home that evening.

Today (Tuesday) I received email confirmation that my order was processed and my Treo was being shipped out today.

I am very pleased with both the speed and the professionalism of Vienna Channels. I spoke to Jeff Marinangel on the phone a little while ago and he was extremely helpful.
    Jaso,
    Would you mind telling us what your confirmation # was? Thanks.
    Another wrinkle is that you ordered the 600. I think the folks who ordered the 650 will have to wait a little longer.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Anyone know if they're still not accepting American Express? I see that in the drop-down list of credit cards we have "Visa", "Mastercard", "A", and "O".

My Amex card gives me some phenomenal benefits, so it would be preferable to use this card after my Nov 16th Road Show.
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    Jaso,
    Would you mind telling us what your confirmation # was? Thanks.
    Another wrinkle is that you ordered the 600. I think the folks who ordered the 650 will have to wait a little longer.
    Sure. I was 248. And yeah, I would imagine the 650s would take longer to get out...
    Just received my shipping tracking number as well. It is due to arrive guaranteed by end of day this Friday, November 5th! Woo!
    Jaso1975-

Did you order a 650 or 600?
    Only 5 posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    Jaso1975-

Did you order a 650 or 600?
    Hi all,

Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    I received the same letter. But they still want me pay shipping and tax for my "Free" item.
    Good 'ol president clinton signed taxing cellphones into law as part of his tax package in 1998. You can thank him!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Sure. I was 248. And yeah, I would imagine the 650s would take longer to get out...
    Cool, thanks for the info.
    Yeah, I'm #204, but I ordered the 650, so I haven't received any emails except for the initial confirmation. I'll patiently wait 'till Thursday, when it'll be "5 business days".
    Holy cow! Could it be true!? The GSM's are on their way! Here's an e-mail I just received from vienna channels:

Thank you for your Treo 650 Cingular/ATT model. This smart device is unlocked and will operate on other GSM networks such as T-Mobile as well.

Your order is confirmed and will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne. We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week and will keep you updated on status.

Jeff Marinangel

Vienna Channels Evalexpress

palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show Demo Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    Holy cow! Could it be true!? The GSM's are on their way! Here's an e-mail I just received from vienna channels:

Thank you for your Treo 650 Cingular/ATT model. This smart device is unlocked and will operate on other GSM networks such as T-Mobile as well.

Your order is confirmed and will be shipped as soon as our inventory is received from palmOne. We hope to have inventory sometime within the next week and will keep you updated on status.

Jeff Marinangel

Vienna Channels Evalexpress

palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show Demo Program
    When was that email received? Also, when did you place your order?
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast